“Sunday Evening Meal with Friends”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Wool
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Dropped into The Ship last week for an evening meal with friends. Having visited before I was pleasantly surprised to find that we did not have to go to the bar to order as before but were served by a very friendly gentleman. One of my friends has an allergy to eggs and a solution to this was offered without fuss (take the egg washed pie crust off). I was the only one of the 4 of us to have a starter - prawn cocktail - which was lovely BUT when I saw the size of my lasagne, I kinda wished I'd given the starter a miss!!! Served with a side salad and 2 large pieces of garlic bread, the lasagne was lovely. The garlic bread could've been a little hotter but overall it was a very nice meal. The other 3 were equally pleased with their choices though I'm not sure how we were supposed to react to the comment about the chef having been very generous with his serving of mushrooms on the chicken/mushroom/chorizo dish my friend had!!! Erm, thanks?!?! Pretty good selection on the menu at good prices - try The Ship for good pub grub!

1  Thank 1804Ems

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We have a holiday home in wool where we spend every weekend we have always struggled to find somewhere local for nice food we were pleasantly surprised on our latest visit to the ship to find that it had been taken over by Sam who welcomed us & made us feel very much at home, the food was “ok” before but now it’s amazing & serving local produce (the faggots are amazing) we will be using this pub as our local at weekends look forward to seeing you again
Andy & Sharon

1  Thank Sharonp186370
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Good grub at a fair price.
I had the faggots and mash. Tasty and hot and plenty of it. Plenty enough that I couldn’t quite finish it. My wife had the steak. She requested a change from chips to new potatoes which was readily arranged by the staff. Veg was cooked to al dente which we prefer.
The staff were attentive without being intrusive. They seemed well motivated and eager to please.
Having arrived on a Saturday evening without a booking we didn’t expect to get in but within 2 minutes Graham had sorted out a table for us.
Overall I would fully recommend this place and would definitely visit next time we’re in the area.

1  Thank BigCol999
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We stopped at The Ship Inn yesterday on our way back to Ferndown from a day out in Dorchester, Weymouth & Portland. We were made very welcome by Graham, Sam and all the staff including the Chef. We had 2 Chicken, Leek & Ham Pies, a Mixed Grill and Fish and Chips. All of the meals were delicious and hot. We could not fault anything about our meal or how we were looked after. The Pies were real old fashioned pies, full of meat with lovely pastry. The meal was very good value and would certainly come here again and would highly recommend.

2  Thank normanhutson
Reviewed 18 March 2018

When we visit Dorset we often go past this pub and were glad we finally popped in for lunch after a nice welcome I ordered the last cottage pie my husband had steak we both enjoyed the meals and the pub was warm which on a day like yesterday we appreciated

2  Thank Pollywoodfield234