“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jubilee Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Jubilee Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Bath B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was cycle touring Amherst Island for a week and this place was ideal for getting to and from the ferry as it was on the cliff overlooking the dock and literally a few minute ride coasting down the hill to the ferry. The hosts were welcoming and and if you like kids their son soon became your best buddy. The room was clean and the bed comfortable and the breakfast although it might not have been up to everyone's taste was fine with a variety of cereals and breads.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank DavidHustler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mississauga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed because I have friends in Bath. This B & B is said to be "dog friendly" but in fact the dog was barely tolerated. I had never stayed in a B & B and was shocked when it was time for breakfast. The food consisted of cold cereal and stale buns or muffins. Kitchen closed immediately and if another cup of coffee was wanted it was said help yourself and wash up. The owners were in such a hurry to get to work that there was no consideration given for the guest. I was the only guest at that time. I have been assured by friends that this is not the norm for a B & B it is the exception. The owners purport to be devout Christians and this is an extremely Christian household but they let their guests go hungry and are barely civil. I did not want to be entertained, just to be treated courteously and receive value for my money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Lee F
richassefras, Owner at Jubilee Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
We have no record of your stay with us. These comments were made a year after the alleged visit. However, we do love our dog and our kitchen is open from 6:30 AM until 9:00 AM.
Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were attending a wedding on Amhurst Island which is why we chose this B&B. We were told that 9 o'clock was last call for breakfast with no exceptions-- which was a bit off-putting. But I guess you have to have a cut off. In the VERY early morning, we were awoken by the owner's rambunctious 5 or 6 year old -- he's just a kid having fun, but it's just not the kind of environment you're looking for when staying at a B&B, you know? I feel like maybe you would maybe tell him to play outside, or at least keep it down?

So we dragged ourselves out of bed since there was no getting any sleep-- it was slim pickings for breakfast. Cereal and a few pastries and MICROWAVED eggs. That seemed odd. Since we were at a wedding the night before, we were pretty hung over, so the kid being loud and in your face through breakfast wasn't ideal. Other B&Bs that we have stayed at provide epic breakfasts and try and cater to the needs of the people staying there. I would say this B&B expects you to adapt to them.

If you're looking for a romantic get-away, or quiet B&B, I wouldn't recommend this place. If you're looking for a very short walk to the Amhurst island ferry, and sleep or food aren't important, then this place works! Also, this doesn't have anything to do with our stay, but I felt really bad for the horse. The pen was quite small and it was mid-shin high with manure :(

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alicia N
richassefras, Owner at Jubilee Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
I find it odd when someone comes to our home, and they feel that sitting with my family for breakfast with a hangover is acceptable. Other B & B's we network with also wonder why these people choose them over a motel.
Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This paradise on the outside was paradoxically disappointing on the inside. Situated in the inviting, rugged Eastern Ontario countryside in Millhaven, with trails and a waterfall onsite, this small family (including a darling 5 yr. old and horse!) welcomed us warmly. However, light sleepers beware; there's little interior insulation; one can hear all waterworks - from the two unclean bathrooms servicing four bedrooms. We stayed in two rooms over two nights. The second one was unclean but more private. Requests for standard items (such as a yoghurt which I skipped at breakfast - to go - and an iron) were met with 'no' or not followed up. Will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Dorothy024
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

It took us a while to write this review, because we are very busy, but since we've seen Richard G's review, we feel obliged to respond.
We've stayed at Jubilee B&B twice, on July - first time, and were so impressed, and came back again on September. Certainly, both times were absolutely wonderful. We are not as experienced as Richard G, we have been travelling all over Europe and North America only for 10 years, and always stay at B&Bs, but we can assure you that Jubilee was our trouvaille.
The location is really superb: while being on the road, it is extremely quiet and secluded. The road is neither seen nor heard because of landscape features. The house is on the cliff with the spectacular front view onto St Laurent river, and with the fairy tales' forest at the back side. There is a whispering creek with small falls in a couple-minute walking distance along a fresh fragrant forest.
The house is outstanding, cozy, very clean and well kept. We tried all four guest rooms, that are very stylish, comfortable with all what you really need. You'll find welcome treat and snacks waiting for you on each bed. The night sleep is absolutely fabulous, forest scented, with gentle birdsong. In the evening you can have a seat on the terrace with a bottle of wine, have a look on the river and enjoy life and the ambiance.
The hosts, Jackie and Richard are very nice and hospitable people. Almost all their house, including balconies and a living room with a fireplace and books are at your service. They are respectful, but they provide you with absolute freedom and independence. They do not interfere and let you have a rest at your own way. But if you need something - they are very helpful and friendly.
The true godsend is Jackie's meals. You will never forget it. The True Canadian Dinner is absolutely masterpiece. You get high level restaurant food for very reasonable price. Every breakfast will satisfy and delight the most demanding connoisseur.
And the last delightful touch is Josef, their extremely nice and sweet son. Come and see!

We extremely thankful to Jackie and Richard for amazing, outstanding stay and strongly recommend their place to everyone.

Elena and Alexander

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg O
It is our greatest reward when our guests experience to the fullest what we have to offer while visiting our home, our property this area and our family. Our son has grow up knowing the kindness of our guests and we are truly grateful for your company.
East Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We have stayed there on 2 different occasions and both met our expectations. The house is situated on top of a limestone hill therefore providing a spectacular view of the lake. It is opposite the ferry that takes you to Amherst Island, which has room for many cars but if you go by foot it is free. Bath is just outside of Kingston so the location is so peaceful. It has a horse onsite to ride the trails that the property provides, plus it has beautiful falls as well.
Our first visit we stayed on the side with the lake view, but the bonus is that it opens out to a very large deck that wraps around to the great room. We sat outside and enjoyed the sun on that visit. The second time we were on the other side and it had a view of the forest behind the property, still quite picturesque, especially with all the wild birds such as blue jays and cardinals in them.
Across from the property is a barn for their dog to stay in overnight to guard the 3 hens that provide fresh eggs for the breakfast. The hens are quite friendly and will come out to see you if you venture over to them (in hope of food, I am sure!).
The owners Richard and Jackie are super friendly and full of knowledge about the area, just be weary of their little boy who's 4! He's super affectionate and friendly, but to a point...He will be demanding at times since he is desperate for a playmate. My wish was that someone would tell the parents to tell him to perhaps not "disturb the guests", instead of allowing him to ask for food off of their plates. I love kids but when I go away on a getaway, I leave my kids at home for a reason....;).
We enjoyed the walk around the property and noticed that they had quite a few cottages for rent on the property as well. The rooms were very clean, the washroom was as well, and the breakfast was superb. Great variety of hot and cold foods.
Overall, it was a fun trip again and would recommend this b&b to anyone who is wanting to visit Kingston or it's surrounding area. We took the 33 so that we could pop into the local vineyards,plus it's a very scenic route, great for bicyclists and motorcyclists.
NOTE: They do get up early (6:30) on a Sunday for church, so you will hear them above your heads unless you are a very sound sleeper.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the balcony in order to enjoy the view of the lake and the sky at night.