“A pleasure to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Padworth
Invergarry, United Kingdom
“A pleasure to stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very good value for money, and very friendly and helpful staff. One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Although it is situated on the A4 between Newbury and Reading the sound insulation is so good I could hardly hear the traffic in my room on the road side of the hotel. The hotel is very convenient for the M4, making it easy to reach London or Bristol Airports. Good pizza too! I will be back ...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Fabio B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Gill C,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Reading West. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you found the Hotel to be " good value for money, and very friendly and helpful staff". Such great feedback always gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Coventry
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a few sat nav problems finding the place, I used the published post code but that took me miles away ( tip do not enter a house number in sat nav) the hotel is actually 8 miles outside of Reading, west along the A4.

On arrival the receptionist was efficient very helpful with directions and a map to the venue of an event that we were attending that evening. Be warned there is no lift to the first floor so if you are bringing heavy bags then request a ground floor room.

The rooms were of the usual standard for a Holiday Inn and very clean and tidy, but a little tired in a few places. I had a view looking out at a row of trees between the hotel and the main road, but I never heard any traffic noise at all.

I did not use the bar or restaurant facilities during my brief stay, but a colleague highly recommended the full English breakfast that she had.

All things considered I would definitely return to this hotel again and would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: No lift to upper floor so request a ground floor room if you have mobility problems or heavy luggage...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Fabio B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear TommyDPS,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I'm delighted you had a comfortable stay. The team do work hard to try and ensure all our guests have a great experience.

I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the staff as I believe such feedback does give that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay was great the staff were really helpful as our niece was poorly and they couldn't do enough for us. The room was a good size and was nice and clean. We booked through budget family breaks and it was mega great value for money highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
Fabio B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Stacey J,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Reading West.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be offering good size room and most importantly, staff to be friendly and helpful.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here last week, I found the reception staff to be friendly. They moved our room to a ground floor room from a first floor one when they noticed I was travelling with an infant. The barman was very good, he provided us with a game and some colouring things to keep our little one happy. The hotel is mainly geared up for business travellers but they were very accommodating to us as a family too. There is a nice enclosed garden our little boy ran around in which was great as it's away from the road. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Request ground floor rooms if disabled or travelling with children as there are no lifts.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fabio B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Klaire E,

Thank for your review and for recommending Holiday Inn Reading West, we're delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Haverhill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed the night after a day at legoland. As usual it was quick and easy to check in and the room was clean and tidy. We had the Gammon ham and egg & lasagne both were really nice. Breakfast the next day was outstanding !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Nick S,

We're really thrilled with your feedback. .

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be offering good room, and good food.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you're next in the area.

Kind regards
St Agnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stopped over for a night, a handy location although a little out of the way. Ample parking. This is an older Holiday Inn, but still the service and presentation of the rooms was excellent. Very clean and tidy bedroom and en-suite. Reception staff efficient and the restaurant staff were particularly helpful. We wanted a light snack which despite our late arrival they got for us without any fuss. The Club Sandwich I had was freshly prepared and very tasty. Similarly breakfast was well organised. Will happily stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fabio B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Jim N,

Thank you for reviewing your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Reading West.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you found the Hotel to be offering quality food, served by friendly staff and comfortable rooms.

We hope to welcome you back in future.

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was a bit annoyed when I found that the Basingstoke Holiday Inn and,indeed, most Basingstoke hotels were fully booked over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend (my own fault for leaving it to the last minute) but, as it turned out, this worked out very well as we booked into the Reading West Holiday Inn instead. I can't put my finger on why but this hotel had a very homely feel, it just felt right. The staff were very welcoming and the breakfast was very good. This hotel is only a short drive from Basingstoke so, in the end, it worked out very conveniently.
Another review noted that the hotel was in need of refurbishment; that appears to be under way. I have stayed in better appointed hotels but I have seldom felt so comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the A4 which can get very busy. Our room face the main road but we weren't bothe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fabio B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear 470John470,

I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations from a different Holiday Inn. It is always most encouraging to receive such feedback and it does give that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Padworth
Best Western West Grange Hotel
Hilton Reading
Hilton Reading
#3 of 31 in Reading
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,758 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Reading West? Share your experiences!