“How times have changed?”

British Motor Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Gaydon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Home to the world's largest collection of historic British cars the British Motor Museum has over 300 vehicles on display spanning the classic, vintage and veteran eras. With a selection of interactive exhibitions and family activities, the museum is ideal for both families and enthusiasts alike. Situated in Gaydon, Warwickshire just off junction 12 of the M40.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Visited as part of another trip, the museum is a must for any car enthusiasts but also for a trip down memory lane. The centre hosts a collection of many cars from concepts that never quite made production to vehicles used in film such as James Bond. The museum provides a chronology of vehicle development through the ages and includes many family favourites of yesteryear. Well worth the time.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went as very highly recommended on accessibility uk. I must admit if you are disabled or less. Able to walk long distances or have little people with you it's a must. Fantastic. I really enjoyed it. The Aston Martin exhibit is superb

1  Thank Rona M
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We used Tesco vouchers to pay our entry fee, for car lovers this is an interesting attraction. A free talk was included which described the early years of the motor car. Some exhibits were children friendly in that they could be sat in/touched, others were non touchable. Food in the Cafe was reasonably priced.

1  Thank MabelMercian
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We visited here on a rainy day at the start of our holiday as my husband is into cars but myself and my 8 year old daughter are not! Hence I thought it would be awful but it actually wasn't. The museum is pretty big and I can see for car fans it would be a fantastic outing. So despite my reservations myself and my daughter had a reasonably good time but could only stretch it out to an hour and a half.

There was a childrens easter trail which I helped our daughter with while hubby perused the vehicles. The trail definitely helped to engage her. There are 2 cars you can actually sit in which she loved - shame its only 2 - I think they could do with more - there were more adults than kids getting in them! Also a small interactive section for children to learn about braking etc.

1  Thank Islander049
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Off road experience really hit the spot - as did the painting a picture using radio controlled cars. We go two or three times a year

1  Thank pussycat63