“Should be better given the entry fee, and the funding”

British Motor Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Gaydon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Home to the world's largest collection of historic British cars the British Motor Museum has over 300 vehicles on display spanning the classic, vintage and veteran eras. With a selection of interactive exhibitions and family activities, the museum is ideal for both families and enthusiasts alike. Situated in Gaydon, Warwickshire just off junction 12 of the M40.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Should be better given the entry fee, and the funding”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good selection of cars, but very little in terms of commercials and buses, although there was one bus on display near the movie cars
Given that this is a Motor Heritage centre, I was disappointed with this
We visited on a day when there were several conferences on the go, and we found it difficult to find a table in the restaurant due to the high numbers of conference delegates who were already there!
The shop was mediocre, staff seemed polite but disengaged.

I recall that 20 years ago when I was last there it was more engaging, staff more interested and the whole experience was value for money

Shame it hasn't moved with the times...5/10 from me!

1 Thank Peter1208

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Could (and should) be much better”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Its cramped, outdated and expensive.
This type of cafe is long past its sell by date. People come to see the cars of yesteryear - they dont want food served in the style of that period. Come on Heritage get it updated and make it worthy of the museum... especially the coffee

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JTR6
“large range of cars”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

There is a large range of cars which were interesting and well presented and maintained. Staff were friendly and helpful and attraction was reasonably priced.

Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very interesting but expensive”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you are interested in cars, particularly British cars and car manufacturing this is a very worthwhile place to spend a few hours. Some good activities for children too. Entrance fee, at £12, was a little steep. Worthwhile prebooking a 'Landrover Experience' for £99 if you have ever wanted to explore what it is like to drive off-road in a 4X4.

Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arranged to meet my brother and his wife for a day, on Sunday 15 June. We all had a 2 hr drive they live south we live north. My brother is severely disabled in his late 60yrs he has to use a wheel chair,and his wife is his is carer, also,in her late 60yrs. The disabled car park was appalling as the ground is covered in large stones and my sister in law could not push my brother off it. Meanwhile we had to park what seemed like a long walk away onto an over flow car park and catch a shuffle in so we were un able to help them. My sister in law eventually was helped with the wheel chair, by a member of the public.
Because this day was a show day, we had to pay £13 each not £10,
Once inside the museum we headed for the cafe for food and drink, this was a complete shambles, my brothers wheel chair could barely fit in around the tables as the room was packed, due to all the exhibitors plus the customers.
Having had a long drive we were to say the least disappointed that to get a meal was quite obviously out of the question,( we had checked this out on the web site but hadn't realised that on show days all the drivers eat up there too) whilst I realise the exhibitors have to eat surely a separate marquee could be used on these occasions? I myself in my past business life have exhibited many times and our customers were the most important we eat separately when and if....
We did enjoy the cars but did not feel we got our money worth as were were hungry and left after 2 hrs.

2 Thank Penny H