“Fantasic!”

Land Rover Experience - Private Drives
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Land Rover Experience - Gaydon. Mission Land Rover Experience offers drivers the opportunity to explore the unmatched all-terrain capability of the latest Land Rover range at a global network of challenging experience centres.The centres provide drivers with an exhilarating range of specialised training and off-road adventures under the supervision of highly experienced professional instructors.Land Rover Experience offers a unique choice of courses and activities ranging from basic off-road training to dynamic week-long expeditions. Company Overview Land Rover Experience - Gaydon Description Our Warwickshire Design and Engineering Centre offers a variety of exciting experiences. At our brand new, purpose built centre you can tackle challenging multiple terrain courses and see behind the scenes at Land Rover's very own secret test facility.
Newport, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fantasic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

What a birthday surprise this was! I had no idea where I was going but when we turned up here I was in for a treat! We took out the Defender & the Freelander. We own a Freelander but to see what it can really do was brilliant! It's important to treat these vehicles with respect but they can go pretty much anywhere! The Defender was like driving a tank! It was fantastic fun - albeit a little scary at times. We went up steep hills, over rocks, through water & even through a secret little stream - I won't ruin the surprise but it was both scary & a fantastic experience. Absolutely loved it & my have to spend a full day their next time!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank EEE001

Ipswich, United Kingdom
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“50th Prezzie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Purchased as a surprise this was a great opportunity to experience first hand the capabilities of the Land Rover Marques both old and new. The instructor was very knowledgable and keen to share in his experience of the vehicles. From water to rocks to steep slopes and inclines this is something to add to a 'bucket list' The drive around the course is a whole new experience and a test for all drivers as much of it goes against your natural driving instincts. Recommended.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ray P
Lichfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Realising a dream: Driving a 101 Landrover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

2.30 appointment same as prior disappointed reviewer but our experience was exact opposite. Staff at desk and Museum were polite, welcoming and a pleasure to meet. My driving instructor(Tim) was a skilled and complete customer care professional of the highest order. Completely committed to making my visit and drive a memorable occasion for me and my whole family. Superb experience that surpassed all of my already high expectations due completely down to the quality of the staff, facilities and just wonderful vehicles that are a credit to the team supporting them. Best money spent in longer than I can remember. Don't hesitate to go to this place, the driving experiences are an investment in fabulous memories that will have you kicking yourself for not going before. Just the museum made for a superb visit with the staff there making a fabulous fuss over my Birthday visit and pandering to my young sons' excitement. But the driving experience was the jewel in the crown and ensured we'll be returning, without a doubt.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank kam i
Oxford
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Was not available”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was not available even though it was 2:30pm...Not much point considering we had travelled 1.5 hrs up the m40 only to be greeted by no landrover experience and the staff member on Gaydon ticket desk was very rude to the point of obnoxious. How to ruin your day in one sweep, go to Gaydon.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank MaxPepsi
LREGaydon, Manager at Land Rover Experience - Private Drives, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We are very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience on your recent visit to the Heritage Motor Centre and on trying to book a 20 minute passenger demonstration drive. We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you in more detail about this. Please could you call us on 01926 645001 or alternatively you can contact us via email on gaydon@landroverexperience.com
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Back for the Landrover experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Another great few hours...
I added the Landrover experience during this visit and it was brilliant, almost a full hour driving around the purpose built off road track. There's deep water, rough terrain, steep angles and inclines.
If you do opt for the experience I'd recommend choosing a "Discovery", because it has cameras everywhere, forwards, backwards and downward looking from the mirrors. You can drive it without looking through the windscreen. All for less than £100.
I even found new exhibits to view.
The heritage cinema is great if you get tired of walking around. There's a continual cycle of historical films.
I couldn't close without commenting again on the quality of the lunch and cakes available in the Cafe. I've eaten in high end restaurants that could learn a lot from this cafe on quality, flavors and service.

Visited January 2014