“Warm welcome, quiet and comfortable”
Review of The Old Forge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Streatley
The Old Forge B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Streatley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed here for a night in February 2013 so we could attend a local party. We were in the downstairs room, which is spotlessly clean, well equipped and recently decorated. Not a huge room and the newly decorated shower room is along a short corridor, but great for a short stay, and the hosts are very welcoming and provided a lovely cooked breakfast which we were ready for after the party the night before.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I was looking for somewhere to stay while working locally for the week. I'm so glad to have found this b+b. Kath and Roger are so welcoming on arrival. I was readily accepted in their lovely home where I felt very comfortable. The Kingham room was spotless and very well equipped with everything you may need. Had such a lovely stay, with a great breakfast to start the day to. Nothing seemed too much trouble, would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay. It would be top of my list to return, so hopefully I'll get more work in the area! Thank you so much for everything. Regards, Paul.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stayed with Kathy and Roger for 5 nights whilst working in Luton and it was a most delightful experience - a veritable 'home from home'! The room was very comfortable and full of character, with plenty of draw/hanging space for storage. The full English breakfast was very scrumptious and left me well set up to face the rigours of the day when there was little time for lunch. When we awoke to find snow on the ground one morning Roger cleared a path to my car and scraped all the snow off it so that I could head off into town with no further ado - way beyond the call of duty but all very much appreciated. The two of them were kindness at every turn and couldn't have been more helpful - I spend a lot of time working away from home and this is most certainly high up in the Premier League of B & B accommodation - I couldn't recommend it more highly and look forward enormously to being back in the area so that I can enjoy another round of 1st class hospitality. Thank you both for such a delightful stay!

David Price

Room Tip: Where there is a lift, always ensure that your room isn't adjacent to it!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at this excellent B&B when walking The Chiltern Way. The owners were very welcoming and helpful, and the accommodation very comfortable - just what you need after a long day's walking! I can definately recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misterpips
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed on a Saturday when attending a friends party. The room was extremely comfortable and had a great nights sleep. nothing was too much trouble and the full english breakfast was delicious. Kathy and Roger were brilliant hosts and I would certainly recommend them to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed there late June and it was splendid. I have stayed in many B&B around England and Scotland but have to say that The Old Forge is one step ahead of all. Starting from the cleanliness and comfort of the room to the rich and healty breakfast served. There is everything in the room as a first class acoomodation. There is a lovely garden and a swinging bench were I shared some nice cup a tea with Kath and Roger. They are wonderful hosts and I recomend their cottage for a nice, enjoyable and peaceful break.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The Old Forge was our first proper B&B experience, and it was a fabulous one. As I told Roger and Kath, they have set the bar high for what we'll expect at other B&B's. We had a healthy breakfast every morning with coffee, tea and orange juice. Their Kingham Room was absolutely adorable, and very comfortable. Roger and Kath thought of everything - from time tables and tissues in the night stand to a bottle of fresh spring water in our room every night. I also appreciated their backyard, which features a picturesque swinging bench and a view of the garden. We were only a 10-minute taxi ride from the nearest National Rail station. My husband and I rode almost everyday from the Luton station to San Pancras. From the B&B, we also traveled to Oxford and Cambridge. The Old Forge's neighborhood is peaceful every night, making it a wonderful place to come and rest after a day of sightseeing. I highly recommend the Old Forge. We felt quite at home there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to The Old Forge B&B? Share your experiences!