“Excellent short stay”
Review of The Old Forge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Streatley
The Old Forge B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Streatley B&B and Inns
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Excellent short stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and stayed for 2 nights as we were at a local wedding. Kath and Roger are lovely hosts and the downstairs room we were in was very comfortable and had everything we needed. The downstairs room has a separate bathroom.
The breakfasts were great.
It was an ideal location for us as it's close to Luton airport, in the countryside with local walks from the village and very quiet. Also on the Chilterns walk and cycle routes. So we were able to travel around easily without being caught in the town traffic.
When we come back to the area we would plan to come back here.

Room Tip: As the downstairs room has a separate bathroom across the hall you may want to bring your own bathro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roger S, Owner at The Old Forge B&B, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much writing a very good review, I always appreciate everyone for taking the time. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay - our house is very convenient for our excellent village hall down the road! We very much look forward to seeing you again, when visiting family.

I apologise, I should have mentioned there is always a bathrobe in the wardrobe!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

After my regular B&B closed they recommended I stay with Kath and Roger should I come back to Luton. So glad I took the advice as The Old Forge is a superb B&B run by a lovely couple with all you need for a comfortable stay. The Kingham room was superb, clean and comfortable and very quiet - an excellent night's sleep on each of the four I was there. Breakfast, which was scrumptious, was accompanied by a lovely chat with Kath and a cheery smile from Roger as he went off to work. Nothing is too much trouble and I defy anyone to find a better place to stay in the area - I will definitely return on my next visits.

Room Tip: No tips - any room will be a good choice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Roger S, Owner at The Old Forge B&B, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for writing a great review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely hope to see you again in the future and hopefully you will bring better weather with you next time!
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Clean , warm and very friendly owners. Room had all we needed and more like hair dryer and tea and coffee facilities/ biscuits. Food very nice and lots of choice. Helpful advise on where to visit. A home from home. Highly recommend !!

• Stayed March 2014
Roger S, Owner at The Old Forge B&B, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review and I hope you both had a good holiday, after the misfortune of missing your flight! I am pleased we were able to accommodate you at such short notice and you enjoyed visiting St. Albans and Stockwood Park in Luton while you stayed with us.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

After reading TripAdvisor comments we decided to choose The Old Forge as the one of the best B&B in Luton Airport area. Stayed one night with my husband in the upper en-suite room. Very much liked absolute cleanliness of the bathroom as if it was brand new and we were the first users, couldn't find any dirty spot at all, everything was sparkling. Towels were also good and soft, the shower gel was of good quality.
Kath and Roger were very friendly despite our late check-in at around 11 at night. Before bed Kath kindly suggested us a small jar of milk that was just in time after our exhausting and delayed flight.
The english breakfast was very neat, good looking and appetizing. It was comfortable to sit in the lunch room and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and decoration of the room. The living room was very tidy and good looking as well. We really enjoyed home atmosphere.
The one minus was that the floor in our bedroom was making squeaky sound every single step we took and the bed was a bit small and very high. The room was very cosy, but not very spacious. I would tell these are minor disadvantages if to compare with very friendly service and cleanness and neatness of the whole house. I would highly recommend this B&B to all those who value cleanliness and good attitude before anything else.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Ju1ianna
Roger S, Owner at The Old Forge B&B, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time for writing such a detailed review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found everything to a high standard, despite the squeaky floorboards! It was lovely to meet you both and we hope you had a great time visiting London. I found the recipe book very interesting and that was such a kind gesture - thank you.
London
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was walking the Ridgeway / Ickneild Way, from Princes Risborough to Hitchin, and this was a great place to stop. Very kind, friendly hosts who welcomed me into their home, gave me a beautiful, comfortable room and an excellent breakfast. The place really is exceptional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Roger S, Owner at The Old Forge B&B, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased the weather was so good and you were able to enjoy walking the Ickneild Way which is beautiful. I have replenished my first-aid kit, so I am all prepared for anyone in need of a plaster, etc. in the future!
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked in for 6 month Mon to Thurs, never had anything to complain about. Always spotless, warm and welcoming and a good varity of 'suprise me' breakfasts which can be an issue when on a long stay.

Many thanks Roger and Cath for looking after me.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Giles0T
Roger S, Owner at The Old Forge B&B, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you so much for writing your review, with your lovely comments. We very much enjoyed having you stay and it certainly didn't seem like six months you were with us! We hope you and your family are well and we wish you a very happy New Year.
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed one night to break the journey home north from Heathrow airport. A lovely characterful B&B and would thoroughly recommend it. Small, cosy, welcoming, spotlessly clean, very peaceful and an excellent breakfast. Just 45mins from Heathrow and easy to drive to off the M1. We will certainly be staying again and will recommend it to all our friends.
Phil & Julie Cawood

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Roger S, Owner at The Old Forge B&B, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review. We are glad that your stay was a convenient stopover on your journey back home and of course pleased you found your keys! We wish you both a happy New Year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Streatley
The Leaside
The Woburn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Woburn
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor

Been to The Old Forge B&B? Share your experiences!