“Brilliant”

Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Olney
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A great traditional pub and bistro serving fantastic food. The food is brilliant as are all the staff, the 2 experienced ladies who run the Swan are perfect hosts. The shops in the town are also worth exploring.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have eaten here for a number of years and have always experienced the same quality of food and service.

I ordered the goats cheese starter followed by the Vegetarian Filo Parcel. My friend had potato skins and the rabbit which he said was amazing.

Both the meals were tasty and beautifully served. Portion sizes are good I can usually only manage 2 courses. You select your meal from the chalk boards on the wall so be sure to bring your glasses. I would recommend you book to eat as this restaurant does get pretty booked up. Its so nice to eat in a country pub with a great menu and good standard of food.

1  Thank UKTallGirl
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A vegetarian friend and I lunched here recently, and were impressed. It's right in the centre of town and ideal if you're visiting the museums or shops. Incidentally, I can recommend the free long-stay parking lot at Olney football ground, 5-10 minutes' walk from the town centre.
The food at the Swan is of good quality and priced realistically. In May 2014 main courses started at around £9 for a decent portion, and included the best pub (non-vegetarian) lasagne I can remember having. There were 2 vegetarian dishes on the menu, both imaginative and colorful, and with a good protein content that so many vegetarian pub meals lack. My friend is very discerning and she was over the moon! Service was professional, friendly and timely on a weekday busy lunchtime, and we weren't rushed at all to vacate our table. If I could fault this place it would be only on the lack of space, in that the restaurant area is rather cramped - but this is a historic building, and if you're looking for that ambiance plus good food I think you'll enjoy eating here.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I have been going to The Swan for 10 years now and can say without a shadow of doubt that they have never failed to provide anything but great service, fantastic food and a great selection of drinks. Booking is essential and you will be provided with a cosy and friendly ambience as well as a truly fantastic meal. I am a true fan and heartily recommend here.

1  Thank Andyknows1
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Thank goodness we pre booked as we never would have got a table by just turning up for lunch on a Saturday. We decided to share some prawns for starter which were lovely. However we then had to wait a really long time (approx 40mins) for the main course - when it arrived we were all pleased without selections but a little frustrated that it had taken so long. We will definitely try it again though as I'm hoping that was just a one off & it was a really lovely afternoon but just a bit strained with young children.

3  Thank Emma M