“Very Happy”
Review of Teapots of Olney

Teapots of Olney
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Olney
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family run traditional tearoom with home made cakes and scones. Food cooked freshly to order. Gluten free food always available. Special afternoon tea is a perfect treat.
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

A great tea room offering a friendly welcome.
The afternoon tea - sandwich, scone with jam and cream plus a hot drink for £8 - was perfect!
Hard to beat.

Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

As we emerge from Covid, we dropped into Teapots for breakfast.
Although most of the restrictions had lifted, it was comforting to see masks were still the order of the day and sanitising tables etc between visitors was still going on.
I had Scrambled Egg on toast, topped with salmon which was delicious. Service with a smile and chat is the norm here and it epitomises a true country tearoom in every way.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 19 August 2021

Teapots is a lovely, pretty tea room. We had a table by a fireplace which was close to the cake cabinet so could see all the yummy options. There were traditional options like coffee and walnut cake and chocolate fudge cupcakes, but also exciting cakes like gingerbread cake and summer fruit sponge. I was very impressed with the gingerbread cake which was warmed up and served with vanilla ice cream. The service was excellent and the staff were very polite. The toilet was also clean and tidy. I would definitely return to try the rest of the menu or the special afternoon tea.

Reviewed 18 August 2021 via mobile

Such a wide and enticing selection of homemade goodies in a sweet and very clean tea shop. The owners were amazingly attentive and welcoming. We had difficulty choosing what to have but both our lunches were delicious, and the coconut cake and scone and jam were yummy. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 17 August 2021

We turned up about 2:30 and were offered a seat upstairs. We had the pushchair but they were very happy for us to leave it folded downstairs to save carrying it. They got us a high chair and arranged chairs for us.

The best bit was how well they catered for my dairy, soy and sulphite allergies. I was brought packets to double check which gave me real confidence that I was being taken seriously. I was told the food would be prepared separately once they had cleaned the preparation area. Every aspect of what I consumed was carefully considered, I was really impressed. My relatives were really happy with their meals too, there were clean plates all round.

It’s a lovely quaint place and the bathroom was amusing because there was actually a bath in it!