“Disappointing in every respect”

The Fox at Farthinghoe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Oxfordshire
“Disappointing in every respect”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

There is nothing positive to say regarding the 4 meals. Poorly presented, lacking flavour and badly cooked. What a let down having not been here for some time. This place had an excellent reputation years ago so we will not visit again. After being rushed to order we sat down expecting standards and quality to match the prices. I'm afraid there is little to praise. The chap sat near us sent back his meal and ordered something different. The cocktails are a disaster, bearing no resemblance to how they are supposed to look and taste. They were presented in half pint tumblers! I will not bore you with further details.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank PB48

Banbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent sunday roast”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I went to The fox with my family on Sunday and had an exceptional meal.
The staff from the waitress to the chef could not do enough for you.
It is certainly a restaurant we would go back too in the future.
Keep up the good service
Garden was nice with outside tables and chairs

• Visited March 2014
“5 Star”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The staff are friendly and polite, the food is amazing! They offer great deals, particularly there ladies night on a Wednesday! Overall a great experience, that good we come every month!

• Visited February 2014
Daventry, United Kingdom
“So mediocre!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Been meaning to visit for a long time after several recommendations and this evening was my Mothers treat....lovely surroundings, pleasant staff, but the food was such a disappointment. Possibly the worst steak I have ever had the displeasure of trying to eat. My daughters Fox burger was so bland and my Mothers battered fish was somewhat greasy. What a shame! For me the best part of the meal was the bread and olives and that should so not be the case.

• Visited February 2014
Banbury, United Kingdom
“OK. Lacked Atmosphere Tho”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

First impressions good. Decent decor, inside and out. Food was good, and in keeping with expectations. Just something not quite right. Couldn't put my finger on it, but seemed cold / lack of atmosphere. Will no doubt visit again in the future.

Visited December 2013