“Love this place”

The Pytchley Hotel & Restaurant
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pytchley is a silver-award winning four-star country inn, with a traditional and informal atmosphere. The popular family-friendly restaurant maintains a far-reaching reputation for the quality of our chargrilled steaks and grills, and for excellent value home-cooked British food. See also our Tripadvisor listing under "Accommodation"
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I go to the Pytchley regulary for a lunchtime meal with my mum, we like it very much. In recent months we felt something was dragging it down a bit but I am glad that now seems to have resolved itself. Back to normal. Great food and atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous hotel, attentive staff and so welcoming and friendly. Both too much to ask for, despite being pushed to deal with loads of customers. Restaurant menu well appointed and loads of variety- piping hot and extremely reasonably priced. Rooms well equipped- will be back !

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Family meal for 3 generations of the family for a birthday meal . To be honest we weren't really looking forward to it so my review may be a little tainted .
Felt a little bit odd having to order at the bar especially when there's a large group which means scrabbling around for a pen and paper to write the order down . Then when ordering you have to leaving your credit card behind the bar . I ordered mixed grill rare . When the food arrived the Sunday lunches looked lovely but unfortunately my mixed grill was very well done . Therefore I had to carry my food around until I found a waiter and explained about the food . My mixed grill arrived again but this time cooked medium well done. I really couldn't be bothered to return it again. I was offered a complimentary drink as compensation which I didn't accept purely because I didn't need another drink . I don't get that when you're paying £20 for mains only why all the sauces are little sachets , found in buget restaurants and every time you want a drink you order at the bar and food order at the bar . The prices are not reflective of The self service style of ordering .
In conclusion I probably would not choose to return here . However the majority of our table were happy with the food and service .

2  Thank 896fieldsaregreen
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We were staying in the hotel as we had a party to go to in Long Buckby the lady that checked us in think it was Batalie, was really helpful phone a cab for us and when they didn't arrive at the given time was about to arrange for one of the staff to drop us off after their shift but the guy turned up. Comfortable hotel, good value for money and nice staff all round great breakfast a real full english!

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Called in to book for a family party in October and decided to have lunch.
Great deals on lunch menu
Had a drink and ordered
Great food in a really good atmosphere.

Tracy D, Owner at The Pytchley Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thanks John for your comments. Look forward to welcoming you and your family in October.