“Perfect in every way. ”
Review of The Old House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Higham Ferrers
The Old House
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way. ”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The Old House has been lovingly restored. Introducing a dose of freshness while still retaining so much of the original character.

'Character' is an overused word, and has become cliché, but more than any other B&B we've ever stayed in (or home we've visited) this house honestly has bucket-loads of character.

The bed is sooo comfortable. As are the pillows, bedding and towels. We stayed on my birthday and we had (well chosen) champers, huge roses, chocolates and cupcakes to sweeten the experience even more.

The breakfast is delicious (inc the sausages, and the home made muesli). It's run by a very lovely couple, who go above and beyond to make guests feel welcome.

I can't recommend this place highly enough.

A well deserved (and rarely-given) 5 stars from me!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeraintLT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had an extremely comfortable weekend stay at the Old House while visiting the area for a friends wedding. We were in the Fitzwilliam room with a huge gorgeous bed and lovely bathroom. Breakfast was divine and plentiful every morning, with great fresh coffee. Our welcoming hosts really went the extra mile to make our stay perfect. The Old House is beautifully decorated too. All in all excellent value for money. We would definitely return if we visit the area again.

Room Tip: Fitzwilliam was superb!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NeilB81
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed as a family group and we occupied three bedrooms. Each was wonderful and they were quite different, especially the bathroom set-up. We could not have expected more: the rooms were delightfully decorated while retaining the Old House style and elegance. The location was quiet, the breakfasts were excellent and William was very attentive without being intrusive. Access to the building is from a rear lane, which didn't bother us (it was better to enter from there than the front of the building) but just be aware of that situation if you are returning to the building after dark.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom options
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is one of the nicest places I have stayed. It oozes a quiet, relaxed elegance. Simon and William are very gracious hosts. The attention to detail is second to none. To me it was an oasis of calm. My bed was really comfortable with lovely linen and my room overlooked the gorgeous courtyard garden. The constant availability of fresh fruit, tea, coffee in the breakfast room is a sign of the hospitality one receives. I had to leave at 3am in the morning to catch my flight and a light breakfast was left for me in the breakfast room as well as a "thank you" note for staying with them.

This is the sort of house I wish I lived in! I would thoroughly recommend a stay in this gorgeous house.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at the Old House bed and breakfast In April 2014 as I was attending a course locally. The Old house is a beautiful house with very tasteful decor and style. It has a real homely.

My room and bed were very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Simon & William are very attentive hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them. I left my water bottle and they kindly posted it back to me which was a lovely surprise (when i would of realised I left it I would of been disappointed).

The location of the house is great for a variety of pubs and restaurants if you are eating out. Make sure you save room for the breakfast which was one of the nicest breakfasts I have had in any bed and breakfast.

I recommend the Old house to any seasoned traveller! You will not be disappointed.

Thank you William and Simon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dorset
Reviewed 15 March 2014

As you step in through the wide medieval door you enter a different world. Step back four hundred years (but with all the home comforts...)
The decor is charming, everything clean and wonderful beds and linen.The Old House is so much better than a hotel as you have William to look after you and make a fabulous breakfast.
Parking is right opposite except one Saturday a month. Nice places to eat especially the Griffin across the road.

Room Tip: A room at the rear is quieter, but not with the ancient stone mullioned windows.... which are a good...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MS31Dec2015
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A visit to The Old House will not disappoint. Simon and William are charming and friendly hosts. They have created a simply lovely guest house. The rooms are spacious well equipped and above all elegant and comfortable. We spent a enjoyable evening there followed by an excellent breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
The Sharnbrook Hotel
The Sharnbrook Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sharnbrook
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to The Old House? Share your experiences!