“Our visit to Spice of Bruene 23.07.14”
Review of Spice Of Bruerne

Spice Of Bruerne
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We visited the restaurant for the first time on Wednesday and unfortunately we are unlikely to return. We used to use the restaurant a long time ago when it was Bruenes Lock and the food and service was lovely, like fools we expected the same service.
When we arrived the sun was still shining at 8 o clock so we had a drink outside, it was really busy but there were dirty tables and people complaining about the lack of staff.
The people sitting next to us had been there since 6.50pm and still hadn't had any food.
The couple on another table had ordered starters and main course, the food eventually came out about after an hour, but they brought 4 main courses and refused to accept that they had made a mistake.
We decided to go inside to the table about 8.45pm but no one served us until about 9.30.
We saw at least 5 tables of people get up and walk out because their food hadn't arrived.
We finally got our starters about 10.0 clock and the main about 10.20.
The food wasn't anything special and very salty, I doubt we will return when we have such a good choice of restaurants in our area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Went for a meal on the 21st of July and my first impressions before walking in were that the restaurant looked a tad tacky but as soon as I walked in, it was such a lovely interior and also me and my family (table of 4) we're welcomed so very warmly! We're were seated outside as requested and the scenery is absolutely astonishing! Looking at the Grand Union Canal whilst boats pass by, the kids were so fascinated, as were my wife and I! As soon as we were seated, we were asked what drinks we wanted and poppadoms! Although they're just house wines, the house rosé and white wines are highly recommended by us! After just one glass each we felt obliged to order the bottles! Although the restaurant was fairly busy, service was on point. My wife ordered the Lb Shank which I tasted, unbelievably tasty, the flavours did not fail to impress, even my mixed tandoori grill was vibrant in flavour!! The service was undoubtably one of the best we've ever received, although young, the waiters know exactly how to talk to customers and what to recommend when it comes to drinks and a great meal. The kids had a great laugh with the waiters as did my wife and I! The meal was superb, service even better, honestly one of the best family meals we've been on, highly recommended, will without a shadow of a doubt be going back! Thanks for a great day Spice of Bruerne!!

4  Thank Foodpundit786
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here last summer and were disappointed.
As we were staying in the village we thought we would give the place another go.
It was excellent good food and good service.
Might even give lunch another go!!

1  Thank Aletaster69
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our 3rd visit in a year, excellent again. A varied menu with exotic dishes prepared with subtlety and style, beautifully presented.Lovely view over the canal, attentive service.Slightly more expensive than other Indians locally but well worth it.

1  Thank happyh65
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We chose to eat here because there were tables outside, and it seemd a nice thing to do, having an Indian Meal in the sunshine overlooking the canal. It took 30 minutes before they brought us a menu or offered any drinks. It took a further 30 minutes, and some prompting from us, before they took our order. The food took a long time to arrive, and was very mediocre, sadly lacking in flavour. We were not approached at all during the meal to see if things were ok. At the end of the mediocre meal, we sat and waited, and waited, and waited. Nobody came to clear our plates, and in the end my husband went into the restaurant to ask for th bill. Then he was asked what drinks we had ordered because the waiter was unable to work out the bill. We left feeling very underwhelmed. I know they were busy, but this had b=not been taken account of in the arranging of the staff to serve inside and outside tables.