Just paid £100 to stay at Derwent Manor for 1 night, we were married there so we were excited to return. Unfortunately, we were so disappointed, the cottage (bedsit) was dated, horrid, weird and just 2 star. I had mentioned on booking the significance in the hotel to us but instead of a decent room we got hairs in the shower and on the bed sheets! The door was extremely difficult to open and decor was basically nasty.
Supplements on a lot of the menu, food OK. Staff friendly and helpful. Long wait for breakfast, definitely had sat on a hot plate for sometime.
The leisure facilities were enjoyable and clean.
The hotel could be so good if it was improved and some investment was made. It is in an ideal setting but unfortunately it is robbed of its full potential. Would not book this as a wedding venue if doing it all again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in twenty acres of Northumberland countryside and overlooking the Derwent Valley, Derwent Manor offers the warmest of welcomes. With its country house ambiance, elegant decor and professional team, this is the ideal venue for business and leisure guests alike. Derwent Manor boasts 48 spacious en-suite bedrooms , doubles, double x doubles and suites many with stunning views over the Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel Allensford, Northumberland
- Best Western Northumberland
- Best Western Hotel Northumberland