I have never experienced doors that close and bang so loudly as in this hotel. The icing on the cake was Friday night when a Christmas party took place adjacent to our room.The noise until 11.30pm was horrendous from a group that couldn't sing or play and as we could hear every word of their attempt at humour, that wasn't too good either.Then for a further hour we were kept awake by the noise from the disco which although not as loud, the bass reverberated around our room.There was obviously no sound proofing whatsoever. One further annoying aspect were the supplements at meal times such as £4.95 if you wanted kippers at breakfast time or £5.95 for smoked salmon. We paid £2.50 extra each for prawn cocktail, £1.95 for tiramasu and would you believe £1.00 for a poached pear at dinner on Thursday night. Overall what appeared initially to be a nice break ended up being very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in twenty acres of Northumberland countryside and overlooking the Derwent Valley, Derwent Manor offers the warmest of welcomes. With its country house ambiance, elegant decor and professional team, this is the ideal venue for business and leisure guests alike. Derwent Manor boasts 48 spacious en-suite bedrooms , doubles, double x doubles and suites many with stunning views over the Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel Allensford
- Best Western Northumberland
- Best Western Hotel Northumberland
- BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor Allensford, Northumberland