“Fab Fab Fab :)”

Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Allensford
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is our 2 nd time staying at derwent manor and we love it. Upgraded to the bridal suite worth every penny that room is amazing. Food was gorgeous and the staff really lovely and happy to help. Breakfast has a lot of choice and again staff lovely. This hotel has a cosy feel to it we stay at the ramside quiet a lot and you do just feel like a number in that hotel derwent has a much better feel and is where we ll be staying in the future. Really enjoyed our stay and will Definetly be booking again very soon :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
KEITH D, Director at Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your second visit to our hotel.

I will pass your comments to all involved.

We look forward to seeing you again on your return visit.

Derwent Manor Ltd

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I have just come back from this hotel I went here for Sunday lunch with my mum and dad and we all found it very nice let's talk about the service to start with. Our waitress Pippa was very nice polite pleasant and she looked after us very well well done to her for making our experience so enjoyable. let's talk about the food 3 course Sunday lunch for £14.95 excellent value. Dad had ham hock terrine. Me and mum had prawn cocktail. They were beautifully presented on slates and served with warm bread rolls. The mains were lovely I had pork with crackling fresh apple sauce and lovely roast potatoes with Yorkshire pudding and vegetables. For desert I had a warm chocolate brownie with strawberry ice cream. The wheelchair access is very good, bit of a steep ramp up to the restaurant but we managed fine. The hotel is in lovely countryside and is quaint and homely inside. I would recommend and I am looking forward to going back

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for such a great review of you visit to our hotel for Sunday Lunch.

I will pass all of you kind words to both the kitchen team and to Pippa who looked after you on the day.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Wow what a great night for a fantastic price....£10 including a three course meal and entertainment. Meal was superb, above what we expected for the money. Queen tribute was fun and he had everyone dancing creating an excellent atmosphere. If this is what these nights are going to be like then we will definitely be back, in fact we have booked to go to the Motown night in May and hope its as good as last night because we all had a very very good night, thank you Derwent Manor. We did not stay at the hotel as we live local but have before and we found everything lovely.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank helen h

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review of our tribute night.

I am pleased to read that you had a such a great night.

We have many more tribute night acts planned and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel again.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have just returned from a short break at Derwent Manor and it was one of the nicest hotels we have been to, we got a very good deal and it was great value for money the staff were very friendly and efficient especially in the restaurant the food was delicious and nicely presented the room was spacious and very clean and breakfast was excellent lots of choice we will definitely be back and will most definitely recommend.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Just spent two days at derwent manor hotel on their winter deals for 89.00 for two people second night 59.00 this was for bed breakfast three course evening meal and a bottle of champagne. What more can you ask for.this includes access to swimming pool and gym. I think only thing which needs tweeking up is the admin side including fire drill.for good value beautiful big rooms good food but menue could be changed more frequently its worth giving this hotel a try you wont be disapointed. We will be visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 19 February 2014

just returned from a 2 day stay bought off groupon ..found this place to be very relaxing ...staff very friendly ...room spacious and clean ...beautiful views...3 course meal in resturant was excellent ...and plenty of choice at breakfast ....we used pool and sauna ....not too over crowded .....we will be returning ....

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Thought I would try this place again as every time I have went the service has been really bad, went to have a 2 course Sunday lunch to-day, got a seat went to the bar asked if drinks could go on the bill which was fine forgot our table number hubby went to get member of bar staff was tapping her nails on the bar getting very inpatient excused herself and served someone else (she also had an attiude with that customer also), I ordered my main course and was told I had to order my pudding at the same time, how on earth do you know what pudding you want yes I mentioned that Sticky Toffee Pudding was on but until you have eaten your main course you don't know how full you will be after, I explained I did not know what I wanted for pudding and I had never been asked before to order at the same time she eventually let us just order the main course after much discussion, by this point I was really annoyed I went to speak to a manager who explained that is how it is done, she did say sorry but I feel this hotel will never succeed as they have the same staff with the same attiude problem, I for one will never return, the dinner arrived as we left and did look nice just a shame the staff aren't nice, customer service lessons needed asap.

1  Thank mrgizmo
KEITH D, Director at Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel.

I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your visit.

As new owners of the hotel we pride ourselves upon the high levels of customer satisfaction that we provide to all of our guests.

As you will see from the overwhelming majority of the review since our ownership (November 2013) these have been extremely positive and have commented upon the quality of our staff, food and offers we have been doing.

I am sorry that you feel you did not receive such service and assure you that this was an isolated incident that you encountered whilst our staff are becoming used to our new operation.

I trust you would allow us a further opportunity once we have fully implemented all of our planned changes at the hotel.

Derwent Manor Ltd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Allensford
The George Hotel
Best Western Beaumont Hotel
Beamish Park Hotel
Beamish Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Marley Hill

Been to Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!