Captain's Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Eshott Hall(Eshott)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
Park Lodge Hotel(Whitley Bay)
View Hotel
The Royal Hotel(Whitley Bay)
Hotel 52(Whitley Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsfour poster bedsea viewb bthe ownerstayed two nightsfull english breakfastfriendly landladyhear the waveswarm welcomedelicious breakfastcomfortable rooman italian restaurantmade us feela wonderful stayfirst classother guestsfirst rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What started with some awkward tension and misunderstanding with the Host Kathy ended in a very comfortable stay overnight. The bed and linen was of a very good quality and Newbiggin-by-the-Sea was a wonderful little place to stay.
Kathy provided us with an excellent traditional breakfast in a beautiful dining room with warmth and ambience created around us. We enjoyed having the view that we did upstairs and would recommend Captain's Lodge.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margie57
Reviewed 15 September 2013

After a warm welcome from Kathy & Billy, shown to a beautifully furnished/decorated room with lovely view of the sea. Kathy was happy to answer questions Slept well to the sound of the sea in comfortable 4-poster bed.My sister-in-law's single room was smaller but clean with a comfortable bed. An excellent, perfectly cooked generous breakfast sent us all on our way after a very happy stay - with some delicious home-grown tomatoes and local crabs obtained with assistance from a very helpful Kathy! Just sorry only stayed one night.

Room Tip: The double room in the front affords excellent sea view and sounds of the sea as well as the lovingly made garden.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Delightful B&B in New Biggin which was a complete surprise during our first visit. Kathy was an outstanding host and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent breakfast- catering for all our varied needs, thank you once again for making our stay so special. Siobhan

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I selected the Captain's Lodge based on its great reviews and was not disappointed.

Kathy was a wonderful hostess, getting up extra early to make my breakfast and taking the time to chat with me while I ate.

Billy even helped me out by backing my car through the gate for me - a bit of a squeeze and a daunting task for a novice "wrong side of the road" driver.

Kathy recommended a wonderful Indian restaurant that was a pleasant seaside stroll away and the people of this quaint, little fishing village couldn't be nicer.

Mine was a single night's stay on my driving tour of the UK, but next time I'm back that way, I'll consider an extended stay at the Captain's Lodge.

Thanks, Kathy, for a stellar B&B experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We recently stayed here for a wedding, we were warmly welcomed by Kathy. The room was homely and spotless, the view from our window was superb. The breakfast was lovely and all in all we had a wonderful stay. Would recommend to family and friends alike

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple