“Amazing mid week break with our dog.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts
York, United Kingdom
“Amazing mid week break with our dog.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just spent an amazing Monday to Friday at church point. We have stayed a few times at church point, its is in a quiet and very beautiful location. Our holiday was made all the more fantastic by the two member's of staff at church point Emma and Terry. Emma is so friendly. She makes you feel like you are old friends, she is genuinely interested in what kind of day you have had and that you are enjoying your holiday. Terry is well ....Terry. the best way to describe him is always cheery and smiling.
We enjoyed our stay so much we have booked again for next year.
if you are looking for a quiet/beautiful/peaceful holiday with good accommodation, shops within walking distance and staff that go above and beyond to make sure you have an amazing holiday....This place is for you.

Emma if you read this....I left you a magnum ice cream, hope you got it and terry didn't steal it. See you next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Toni B
Park R, General Manager at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on your recent stay with us at Church Point Holiday Park. It sounds to me like you had a great time and Emma & Terry did say that they enjoyed meeting you. They are great and make people feel very welcome. It is nice to hear your kind words and it shows that the Park is getting it right for our guests which is great, come back and see us soon. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave a review.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very impressed with a lovely quiet site, really suitable for people looking to relax in a quiet environment. Caravan very nice and holiday made special by Emma and Terry, who couldn't do enough for us. We have visited several Park Resort sites and are very impressed with this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn B
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Church Point really does offer a peaceful and tranquil environment and I’m pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. I will pass on your kind words to Terry & Emma and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We have just spent a wonderful, peaceful weekend here with the children. We stayed in a gold plus caravan and it was immaculate. It was my son's 8th birthday and Emma, one of the staff have him a card and some chocolate, which was so lovely. Would love to come again - in fact I don't want to leave!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Alada M
Park R, General Manager at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us here at Church Point Holiday Park. It makes me very happy to read your comments and I agree Emma even though new this year is fantastic. It’s great that the little one had a good birthday and that you all enjoyed your break. Its ok, you can leave, just make sure you come back soon!!! Thank you once again for leaving a review.
Leeds
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We went to Church Point in October booked a gold caravan when we got there we were shown our caravan .It was clean but really bad. the blinds at the front window didn't open so there was no light getting in. We didn't like it so we asked to change, they was only a bronze caravan left they asked if we wanted it , I said they let dogs in bronze caravan he [the nice young lad that sorted us out] said not many had been in this van, so we changed. The caravan was lovely. After a while my breathing got bad so I stood up to go to door, my trousers was covered in dog hair, we got clothes and wiped the sofas down, we had to use lots of clothes to get rid of hair. We took the rug up as that was covered in dog hair. After a couple of days we opened a cupboard and it had a dog dish, lead, other dog related items. The family that was supposed to have that caravan had children, it would have been bad for them to get that caravan. On the way home we called in at Sandy Bay explained the situation to them they said it was a silver caravan and dogs are not allowed in, now that annoyed me as why could they just say sorry, but its not something this company does, at Skipsea they got it wrong two years running, first we were given a gold when we paid for a platinum caravan, it took the cleaning team to sort it we were moved the next day. Next year we were given a caravan that had not been cleaned , Before Park resorts took over we went to Skipsea six times and never had any trouble. The caravan park its really good clean,secure, staff very friendly can't fault the site.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Torder
Park R, General Manager at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking to the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us last year. I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with the caravan that you stayed in and would like to look into how this happened. Please contact me directly at the park with your booking reference so that I can investigate properly. It goes without saying that I expect the Holiday Homes to be of top quality at all times and if we let our customers down we have to find out how it happened and how we can ensure it doesn’t happen again so your contact is very important to me. Thanks again for leaving your feedback.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A big thank you for last night's party, it was great all the stall made us feel really special
we've had some good parties in past but last night 's was best by far, shame a lot of people missed out. probably weather put them off coming up.
A BIG THANK YOU AGAIN.

When are we too get free WI FI, on site. PLEASE.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi and thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay. I am so pleased you had a great time at the summer ball. There was a lot of hard work behind the scenes to make this evening a success so I am glad you enjoyed it. With regards the WI-FI, this is something I am looking into, and will hopefully be able to update you further in the coming months. Thank you for your kind comments which I will pass onto the team.
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Went to church point summer party tonight (7th september2013) had a great time the staff and entertainment was just fantastic the food was great the golf club what thay use for the church point partys is great to. All the staff are great friendly, helpful and caring and full of fun as that's what makes them great people to know always speak where ever you are on the park or in a shop that's what you call a friend even though that are staff. So a big thank you to NOEL DOM GEORGE AJ and TASHA great nite noel can't wait for next one make it soon
Thank you all from a very happy church point owner H&M

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for so many kind comments. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable evening. It is great to know that the team have left such an impression on you and I will certainly pass your comments onto them personally. We constantly endeavour to look after our owners and guests alike, providing you with quality evenings like this and hope to have many more in the future. Thanks again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was our first time to Church Point. The park itself is well maintained and most caravans are owned privately. The security is good and it is a very quiet site.
We stayed in a bronze caravan and as soon as I entered the van I went to reception to ask to upgraded as it was so basic, unfortunately they only rent 3 vans so the silver and gold were booked out.
The van was very cheap and old, with orange curtains and carpet that was marked. Although the van had been cleaned it was shabby.
The seating area was very uncomfortable and no cushions. The double bed was extremely uncomfortable with every spring felt, so very little sleep at night. It would be a good idea to take your own pillows as the pillows are very flat.
We had rain one night and the whole van became damp and all our clothes were damp. We put the fire on but this set the heat detector off.
There is no area to seat out side and no chairs to seat out on.
The kitchen equipment was very basic and of a poor standard.
I eventually reported that I would be complaining, and staff were very helpful and got us a mattress topper which was a big help, also fixed the leaking tape and checked the heater.
Unfortunately the whole experience was not good and this van really needs replacing. In fact due to the accomodation the whole holiday for me was ruined.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent holiday at Church Point, although I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me via my e-mail (dominic.devine@park-resorts.com) in order that I can personally look into this for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
Felmoor Park
Felmoor Park
#2 of 13 in Morpeth
Springhouse Country Park

Been to Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!