“Must Stay!! Northumberland's absolute hidden treasure that creates memories for a lifetime”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thropton
Lorbottle West Steads
Ranked #5 of 6 Thropton B&B and Inns
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was my first time staying here and I will be back. If you are looking for a slice of heaven, lush green rolling hills dotted with sheep, crisp clean air coupled with farmhouse adventure, this is the place to stay. My adventure began with my private bedroom in the main house (stocked with a variety of teas & coffees) with a large bathroom complete with a 7ft long tub right across the hall to soak in and melt your worries away. The view from my bedroom window was stunning. It didn't take long for me to put wellies on and dive right into the farm experience tour led by Leslie, feeding cows, sheep and chickens. Throughout my adventure, I was well fed by Helen and Les, a substantial breakfast, with no shortcuts taken and Helen's homemade jams are fantastic. Both service and experience were phenomenal. My 4 day adventure ended with making some new friends, Merc the border collie, Tigger the Jack Russell and two fabulous people, Les & Helen. When you are here, you are treated like family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was the third time that I have stayed here for the Rothbury Traditional Music Festival. The friends I was with have stayed here every year for the past 15 years - it is so good. Helen and Les are wonderful hosts, and they work so hard! Les is a farmer and Helen runs her own craft business, as well as having two holiday cottages. Breakfast is sublime - with local produce and plenty of samples of Helen's home-made jams and marmalades. All at a great price!
Unfortunately, I forgot my mobile phone when I left last time but Helen very kindly brought into Rothbury for me free of charge! I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Harwich Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife Christine and I booked with Helen and Les a couple of months ago, we were first attracted by the location as we had wanted to visit Northumberland for quite some time. We arrived during the Wimbledon final and Andy Murrey had just won his first break game. An excited Helen met us at the door and gave us such a big welcome. Her husband Les is such a hard working farmer but he even took time out to meet us and we were both made to feel at home immediately.
Our room overlooked the front of the house and the views of the surrounding countryside were stunning, with rolling hills in the distance and gentle farmland in the foreground.
The room ( a double en suite ) was very clean and comfortable with a good selection of tea and coffee facilities, also some biscuits were in the basket.
The room was very comfortable with a rocking chair in the corner so as to rest weary feet, the bathroom consisted of an electric shower which was very easy to use ( unlike some I have experienced ), a hand basin with mirror and light above with electric razor socket and a toilet, air was withdrawn by an extractor fan when the main light was put on.
The breakfast was to die for, with a good selection of cereals, yogerts and fruit salad, 2 sausage, 1-2 eggs, 2 bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms and toast with fruit juice and tea or coffee. This meal will set you up for the day and may see you through to your evening meal, it's that good.
Helen and Les are really lovely people who will make every effort to make your stay an enjoyable one, they even let me get a little involved with the shearing of the sheep although I hadn't a clue what I was doing they showed great patience and a lot of laughter.
The general area is abounding with bird life and is a great place for twitchers.
There are two large cottages that look really comfortable although I didn't look around them and Helen & Les will also cook breakfast for people staying there as well. It's a win win all round.
Jet and Tigger are two very busy but loving dogs who will certainly soak up any petting you like to give them.
All in all this was a superb stay and I hope I have conveyed our delight at having been part of Helen and Les's life even for a short time.
Chris and Tony Mobbs

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Helen_F432, Owner at Lorbottle West Steads, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed chasing sheep

Been to Lorbottle West Steads? Share your experiences!