“Missed out on the trout fishing but made up for it by the superb service”
Review of The Anglers Arms

The Anglers Arms
York, United Kingdom
“Missed out on the trout fishing but made up for it by the superb service”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just returned from 2 days at the Anglers arms, terrific service, excellent food with plenty of choice, made to feel so welcome by all the staff.
Rooms were clean, tidy and well presented.
Sadly because of the heavy rain the previous 2/3 days it was not possible to enjoy the Anglers Arms stretch of the river and fish for brown trout.
Overall a very enjoyable stay with a very high level of service which is sadly lacking these days in many places.
Will definately return

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

It was our first visit for a little while and we weren't disappointed! Roasts were fantastic as was the vegetables. Sweets very very good . We all had different and everyone enjoyed them. Will be back soon !

• Stayed March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I visited the Angler's Arms with members of my family for an evening meal. The welcome was warm and inviting. There was a real family friendly atmosphere. The service was excellent and the food really good, hot, nicely presented and well cooked, the desserts especially the pavlova were delicious. My brother and sister in law who have recently moved to the area said they would definitely go back again and I would be very happy to stay next time I visit the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights in March. Our room was quite small (we had a twin room, as requested) but was so clean, comfortable and welcoming. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Both evenings we chatted to other people in the bar and one night was the quiz night which was very popular and the locals were very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed the food - definitely not 'pub grub'. The room where we had breakfast is a lovely room with fresh flowers on every table. We have already recommended The Anglers Arms to several people and, if we were in the area again, we would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia F
Nottingham
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Visited a year last September when Northumberland had the bad floods, stopped for an early evening meal for an early bird menu which was excellent. It was memorable for one reason or another, one being the water flooded into the kitchen & nearly into the bar with the girls mopping it up with sheets & towels unfortunately for them they had to close the kitchen for a foreseeable time, we were relieved in a way as we couldn't manage a dessert from the good portions of starters & mains.
I couldn't believe my eyes when a saw the Groupon offer for £99 for 3 nights B&B, I immediately telephoned our friends to see if they fancied celebrating our anniversary at the Anglers Arms January just gone. We always said we would like to return & knew they had B&B facilities so they jumped at the chance, well it certainly exceeded our expectations lovely bedrooms with smashing home cooked biscuits, great freshly cooked breakfast & lovely evening meals.
Staff very welcoming, ambience very nice well worth a visit & we will certainly return in the future

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebsInk
Co Durham
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Lovely, warm and welcoming pub, with friendly, helpful staff. Have heard such a lot about the Anglers, and as we were in the area, we thought we would give it a try.
Not an extensive menu, but I think that's not such a big deal if the food is good. Our meals were ok, but I feel I can't really enthuse any further due to one small gripe. My fish was exceptional; fresh, juicy, with huge white flakes, encased in crisp batter, served with frozen chips and frozen peas. The last 2 items just let the fish down somewhat and turned what could have been a sublime fish supper into a pretty run of the mill meal. Such a shame as this lovely place ticked so many boxes, but sorry guys, get that peeler out and give us some real chips.
My partners, and guests meals were fine, and we will go again if we are in the area

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Blyth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Wanted to mix lunch up with a trip out for Dad who was 83 on 1st March. Great setting and easy access for dad as he struggles to walk. as soon as you walk in you are welcomed with a smile and given a choice of where to sit.
The service was very good and the menu if not extensive, covered all the normal pub food basis. My dad and I went for the fish and chips- he chose a smaller portion- though I have to say when my meal came I wish I had done the same as the meal was a FULL plate. my wife ordered a sandwich and that came with chips and salad and was a meal in its self.
Nothing was too much bother and the staff were at hand for drinks and sauces required. The prices were fair for what you got and the food was freshly cooked and plentiful.
As I said the setting of the Inn is great and the interior was classic old English Pub.
I would recommend this Inn as a great lunch stop.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longframlington
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club
#3 of 5 in Longframlington
No photo provided
The Granby Inn
#4 of 5 in Longframlington

Been to The Anglers Arms? Share your experiences!