“You get what you pay for(cheap)”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Yatton B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for(cheap)”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Me and the wife went to The Bridge with some friends on Friday night for some food and to play rock bingo which we thought would be a bit of fun. We got there about 7.30 and it was very busy which is normally a good sign. We got a table ok and went to get drinks. The bar was packed and there was only a few staff on so we finally got our drinks after a 20 min wait - not a great start .I picked a steak sizzler which I paid an extra £3 to make it a sirloin instead of rump and the wife had a cheese burger. The food finally arrived after a 50 min wait. I am 99 percent sure my steak was still a rump not sirloin so annoyed as I'd paid extra for it. The steak was really tough and hardly any chips so very disappointed and the wife said her burger was a bit dry but tasty. It's a hungry horse so cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for I suppose. The staff were friendly and good with children. Our table was close to the kitchen doors and everytime they opened the door it sounded like there was a rave party going on in there! The rock bingo didn't happen which is bad when they're advertising it outside. We won £6 on the quiz machine which then didn't pay out so we told a member of staff and they weren't interested and said ring the number on the machine so what great customer service she had! So overal very average food but a good place if you want cheap family friendly meals.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Rawtenstall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We needed an affordable overnight stay on our way down to Cornwall and booked a room at the Bridge Inn Yatton it cost £40 for room only. The pub itself was very nice, clean and up to date. The room was another matter. On walking into it we were hit with an old musty smell. The window wouldn't lock. The grout in the bathroom was black and we seemed to have a large family of ants nesting somewhere as I spent my time squashing them! Didn't expect to much with only paying £40 but was deeply gutted with what we did get

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Yatton hotels

manchester
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stopped over here on way to holiday in Cornwall. Had a family room for 59 quid. Big room.Double bed and two singles. Staff were lovely throughout the stay. We had a 5 year old grand-daughter with us and they couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Pub grub was cheap and just what was needed. Bar got a bit rowdy later on with a few young lads being a bit raucous but overall would definitely stay there again and can't fault anything about it to be honest.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight in June 2013. The room was tired and in need of an overhaul. Uncomfortable pillows, the bathroom door was rotting and the whole overall effect was that of a place well past it's prime. The restaurant wasn't much better. Whilst you don't expect top quality from a hungry horse establishment we were very disappointed when the kitchen mixed up our steaks, only to return them and find instead of giving us fresh ones, with the correct sauces on, they simply switched the steaks over, so my partner and I had the incorrect rare/medium steaks respectively. On the plus side breakfast was superb and good value for money!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I last visited this hotel /eatery just over 6 months ago,and had visited several times previously over the 6 months past.At that time it was gradually sliding from acceptable to unacceptable.The rooms grew ever tatier , damp and smelly , the food in the restaurant , luke warm , limp and all round dull , a bit like the staff had become.Zoom forward to the present day and the whole place has had a major refurb from the car park to the room furnishings, smells fresh , looks good and very competitive in price.The restaurant has come on amazingly , the food was piping hot , looked just like the illustration and was crisp , fresh and very keenly priced.The staff and management have seen many changes , all were helpful , and the whole feel of the place is upbeat and friendly.The pub staff were lovely , chatty , smiling and eager to serve well.What a transformation , this is one hungry horse restaurant that easily wins by a nose , 6 months ago it fell at the first hurdle .Credit due where credit is due.

Room Tip: all rooms have steaming hot showers , the ones around the back are nice and quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have never stayed in the hotel part, but we do go to eat there alot because the kids enjoy playing in there, the food is ok for the price and the staff are ok apart from tonight which we had to wait over 30 mins for a takeaway dessert. And also my daughter went into the play area tonight only to get a candy floss and one of the staff shouted at her and told her not to be in here and really upset her I am not happy about this one bit, I went to get her to say sorry for shouting at my daughter she seen me coming and quickly went in to the back room, I think this lady should learn skills in talking to people and not shout very rude.

• Stayed June 2013
Ollerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stay in many hotels through business and this is perhaps only the 2nd time, i've felt the need to write a negative review;

I stayed here in June;

I gained entry to the building through an ‘emergency use only’ fire exit, which incidentally is permanently left open, along with most doors along the ground floor apartment corridor, all the way to reception.. I guess to act as secondary air-conditioning. There are several holes in the walls along this corridor and the paper is peeling in at least one area;

Under normal circumstances I’ll tend to overlook an amount of wear & tear and to be fair my room was an excellent size and in fair condition, (quite good value ignoring the dark stains on the ceiling above the shower-head). However room 20 is above an entrance where local ‘revellers’ are allowed to congregate, (screaming, swearing and shouting on a Tuesday night!)

I assume that staff are local and they probably see the hotel as a local bar first and foremost. I imagine that local young adults attracted to the pool-bar with slot machines etc are probably relatives or well known to them;

I didn't feel at all welcome. To be honest, (and crossing my mind several times whilst I was actually there) ... this felt a bit like one of those films where there's an outsider in some kind of remote place with strange people.. acting weird;

Room Tip: stay away from the entrance
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ian p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yatton
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Portishead
Days Inn Bristol M5
Days Inn Bristol M5
#1 of 1 in Easton-in-Gordano

Been to The Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!