“Well the bed was comfortable.”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Yatton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here 26th Oct 13 and had added the breakfast as an extra. Checked in at reception quick and very helpful with all the access details explained should I return late. Room 38 top floor at end of corridor.

The bedroom is typical of a pub chain type, double bed, flat screen tv, tea & coffee facilities, hanging & drawer space, trouser press and a table with a couple of chairs. All of which were cleaned and tidy, if you don’t consider a hole in the plasterboard bathroom partition wall a problem.

The bathroom, mmmm, well the only thing that comes to mind is 'tired'. The floor covering was dirty in the corner. The bath has an over bath Mira shower which leaked like a sieve when turned on with more water coming out from behind the shower head than the shower head. I stopped this by pushing the head back onto the fitting, otherwise the room on the lower floor could well have been flooded. The grout around the tiles needed a good scrub and bleach, with the bath front needing a repaint/replace, and the shower curtain could do with replacing. Also the sink plug was snapped off the chain and discarded in the sink. To top it all off, the light takes a good 30 seconds to activate when switched on.

Went for breakfast the following morning and was greeted to a not too busy restaurant. Helped myself to juice and found a seat. Placed my order for a Full English breakfast and although I was told I could have anything from the extras (cereals, toast, yogurt, etc) I explained I only wanted the Full English. Apparently this is the breakfast choice for anyone staying over in the hotel

I waited, and waited, and waited. 14 minutes until the waiter, who took my order, walked by and asked, "have you had your breakfast yet?". No. It was presented to me within 30 seconds so it must have been sitting under the heat lamp for some time.

It consisted of an egg (dried out), 1 rasher of bacon, 1 hash brown, 1 sausage, 1 mushroom and some beans. In the time I'd been waiting I saw on the breakfast menu that the All Day breakfast was £4.99 before mid-day, and consisted of 2 sausages, 3 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs, tomato, a mushroom, beans, hash browns and toast, the Full English was £3.49 for Sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, fried egg, tomato, flat mushroom, beans and hash brown.

When it came to paying I was to be charged almost £7. I raised this and although I could have had cereals coffee etc. I had only asked for The Full English. After a 'discussion' with the supervisor they relented and I was only charged the £3.49…even though I was a rasher short on the plate.

All in all just an average pub chain hotel which could do a lot better at little expense. Would I stay again, probably, but food wise I'd pay on the day as a 'walk in' customer and have the All Day Breakfast which appears to be filling, and I’ve since heard from friends that it certainly is. Personally I think the Hungry Horse chain need to explain more about the breakfast options for residents.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ben hollier
steve d, Manager at The Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that your stay here at The Bridge was less than satisfactory.
We are currently in the process of gradually refurbishing the rooms to sort out the issues that you have mentioned. The lights however are energy savers and do take a few moments to come on.
In regards to breakfast, you should not have been charged the full amount of £6.49 if you did not partake in any of the continental buffet and I sincerely apologize that this is what happened on your visit. As for the All Day Breakfast, this is available to all hotel guests if requested, as are all items on the breakfast menu and will be charged accordingly. The Full English is just offered as a standard.
Again, I can only apologize for the service you received on your visit. I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This particular pub we use due to location and cost but sometimes the food is rushed and therefore of poor quality.. over-microwaved food is my warning! which really does spoil the night out and makes you wonder if its worth the trip. Brian roper

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I went to the Bridge Inn on the 15th Oct to have a meal for my Birthday.The up dated decor was definitely better, but sadly this is a pub that should not serve food. Whwn my husbands food came it resembled a warmed up fish with old chips and he has now been in bed for two days not far from the bathroom. I had the sizzler which I complained about being burnt as the skillet plate was far to hot ,when another diners sizzler came out the burning on that was so bad we had to open a window .Now when a complaint is made the Chef and i use the term loosely, should come out and try to solve the problem, but no, they sent a young kitchen lad out who didnt really seem to care. Very angry, from Clevedon

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Have visited the restaurant at the Bridge Inn several times and have always had a good meal. Went recently with my one year old grandson and we ate in the play area which was very nice, well laid out, lots of tables, clean, with a large play area for youngsters, a ball pit, climbing ropes and lots of soft play areas etc. The young man on duty was very helpful and my grandson had a lovely time. Will definitely go back

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the bridge inn a few times and it is great value although the rooms are quite tired. They are fairly clean, although they could do with some maintenance as there are a few things broken or in disrepair. The food isn't too bad and again, great value, staff are always really helpful and friendly . The cutlery and glasses always look like they haven't been washed properly though. It's ok as a budget hotel , to rest your head and foods not bad.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Beds = Amazing !!! Food is decent... had a problem with our steaks being overcooked and got fresh ones cooked up for us immediately! Good service, me and my partner enjoy staying here and quite happily go back regularly! :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Me and the wife went to The Bridge with some friends on Friday night for some food and to play rock bingo which we thought would be a bit of fun. We got there about 7.30 and it was very busy which is normally a good sign. We got a table ok and went to get drinks. The bar was packed and there was only a few staff on so we finally got our drinks after a 20 min wait - not a great start .I picked a steak sizzler which I paid an extra £3 to make it a sirloin instead of rump and the wife had a cheese burger. The food finally arrived after a 50 min wait. I am 99 percent sure my steak was still a rump not sirloin so annoyed as I'd paid extra for it. The steak was really tough and hardly any chips so very disappointed and the wife said her burger was a bit dry but tasty. It's a hungry horse so cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for I suppose. The staff were friendly and good with children. Our table was close to the kitchen doors and everytime they opened the door it sounded like there was a rave party going on in there! The rock bingo didn't happen which is bad when they're advertising it outside. We won £6 on the quiz machine which then didn't pay out so we told a member of staff and they weren't interested and said ring the number on the machine so what great customer service she had! So overal very average food but a good place if you want cheap family friendly meals.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yatton
2 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Hollybank Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!