“Revisited !!! Not put off by bad reviews.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Yatton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Revisited !!! Not put off by bad reviews.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked this hotel again as it is a convienent stop over on the way to Minehead. I was under the impression that it had been recently refurbished........................Could not have been more wrong. The only difference I could see was that they have changed the entrance & exit to the carpark from the main road. Don't get me wrong the bedding & bathroom are always very clean & the beds are comfy. But the rest of the decor really lets this Hotel down. The food however in the Hungry Horse pub makes up for this a little with lots of choice & great value for money. Will still go again as the prices are always reasonable..

Room Tip: Higher floors & not overlooking the pub side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bideford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

It's cheap, at £30 for the room and £12 for two breakfasts, with a comfy large bed BUT the whole place is in urgent need of refurbishment or at the very least a thorough deep clean. Our room, grandly named the Mendip Suite,was large and bizarrely contained an alcove with a jacuzzi bath with taps removed, as well an array of scruffy dark pine furniture. The shower cubicle had areas of black grouting and all corners were dirty. Only one light functioned in the bathroom and the extractor fan didn't work. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Breakfast was served in an area of the Hungry Horse Pub that bore all the signs of the previous day's busy Sunday food service with bits of food and pieces of paper napkins scattered over the carpet. The dire condition of the place was somewhat redeemed by the charming and attentive manager, who cooked and served breakfast. It seems that the place is busy so they don't have to try too hard.
It was a convenient, cheap stopover for one night,and I live in hope of never having to repeat the experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Yatton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited yesterday evening and was absolutey disgusted when I walked inn . Dirty tables, staff just standing around, mess all over the floor just felt I walked into a death trap! Went to the bar was not greeted friendly not one bit half the food they did not have and my coke was flat! No ice given no nothing even though I asked! Sat down to see dirty menus no salt in the salt pot vinegar empty and table not been wiped! Me and my husband just wanted to leave however we stayed for food , steak was undercooked, curry was not warm or even hot chips were cold we complained but no body came over . No staff checked that we were ok and we did not eat a bite of our food!! We just simply left , I went to the loo before I left to find no toilet roll what so ever! And to find tissue stuck to the ceiling I'm certainly never going back there again I think it's badly run and a vile place to go!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ssmith14

Travellers are raving about these Yatton hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I travel around the country, staying in as many as 3 hotels every week.
Believe me when I say I'm picky about where I stay.
When my colleague booked this hotel for us, I was to say the least, concerned after reading the reviews !!
As we couldn't find any other place to stay we didn't have much choice.
What a surprise to find that actually, it wasn't anywhere as bad as the review one gentleman made out.
Ok yes it is in need of some TLC, but I believe this is due for a complete refurbish in the near future.
Our rooms were nothing like the pictures shown, and even if I had of been given a room like that, I'm sure they would have been happy to move us to another one.
The hungry horse attached to the hotel,provides great food at reasonable prices, so can't moan about that either.
Just one thing though,I ordered a steak sizzler, that arrived at my table not sizzling, so when I mentioned this, the waitress responded with, " shall I take it back and pour some water on it ".
Not the right response I was expecting !!!
On the whole, nice friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms, with just the odd one that shouldn't be let out !!!
I would certainly return, and for me who has high standards when staying away, that is high praise !!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mikeybabe
Lyon, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I do not normally bother to write reviews...but I am compelled to write about my stay here. There is cheap and cheerful - and there is truly awful. This definitely falls into the latter category. On arrival you are greeted by a stale, fusty smell in the reception area. No one was on reception - and after dialling for help someone came after 15 minutes. No apology. Dinner was in the pub section. I had a curry. it was served in a stainless steel dish which was placed on a plate of rice. I took the dish off - and was left with a black, oily, dirty mess on my plate where the dish had been. I still feel squeamish thinking about it. The room was old, tired and mouldy with the wallpaper peeling off. The shower head fell of during my shower and was absolutely filthy - as was the wall where the shower had been. Pictures attached - as well as pics of the mould in the room. For breakfast I ordered a cooked breakfast. Included one egg only - and a completely hard, shriveled up pork sausage (looked like yesterday's breakfast reheated in the microwave). Virtually inedible. The utensils were filthy and greasy - as was the milk dispenser on the breakfast table....greasy and covered in old dirt and food. Coffee consisted of instant coffee in saches (!!). I asked for fresh coffee and was presented with an undrinkable brew - in a coffee stained mug. The front door of the hotel was locked at night and access was with a pin code - yet the emergency exit near my bedroom was open all night - with direct ground floor access to the car park and the street. Words fail me...this hotel was something like you would find in countries like Nigeria. Reminded me of when I backpacked around China in the early 80's. I felt quite nostalgic!!

Room Tip: Steer clear!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicholas M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was very happy with my stay at the Bridge Inn, the staff were very friendly and helpful when I booked in, my room was comfortable and clean. The food was lovely, with a good service. I would recommend a stay at this hotel.And it was very affordable :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Had to change rooms due to wrong booking by staff. Cleanliness poor in bathroom and general condition of the interior poor such as carpets. Plug sockets and ceiling lighting not working in the room. Breakfast area poor, nappy on the floor and general refuse all over the carpet area. On complaining to Manager, she did not take responsibility, blamed the residents for being messy.
The bed was comfortable. Breakfast very good. Restaurant staff appeared very busy, possibly staffing shortage and poor leadership by management.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
steve d, Manager at The Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Sorry to hear your stay here at The Bridge Inn was not up to standard. Our rooms are currently undergoing a gradual refurbishment which in turn will sort out the issues you have mentioned. I will certainly speak to the person you spoke to regarding her comments. I can only apologize for the experience of which you had here and hope you will return and give us the oppertunity to show you how we normally operate.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yatton
BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kewstoke
Days Inn Bristol M5
Days Inn Bristol M5
#1 of 1 in Easton-in-Gordano

Been to The Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!