“A Must Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glacier View
Homestead Guest Cabins
“A Must Stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in cabin 1. Impeccably clean, cozy, absolutely delightful. The owners Dan and Sandy are very friendly and helpful... A must stay in the Mananuska area!!! We've traveled and stayed in a lot of different places and Homestead Cabins is definately the tops!!

• Stayed July 2014

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We LOVED this cabin! We stayed in cabin #3 which had 2 bedrooms and one bath. It also had a full washer and dryer, full kitchen, family room and even a fire pit with seating to enjoy the chilly evening. The cabins are very comfortable and super clean, it had every amenity we could think of including pots, plans, dishes, silverware, spices, grill, grilling utensils, laundry soap and much more! The only thing it didn't have, and it's VERY minor as I had one, was a hair dryer... but I'm sure if we had asked they would have provided one. The cabin was super roomy, the pictures we saw online didn't do it justice. We could have slept 6 or more easily in this cabin. Sandy and Dan that run the cabins are WONDERFUL, so sweet and accommodating. It is located very close to the Matanuska Glacier so you can visit that and explore the area for moose, porcupines and use the many hiking trails. I VERY HIGHLY recommend staying here!! I know if we ever go back, we certainly will!

Room Tip: They have a smaller cabin if you don't need that much space.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Lenoir
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and spent two nights in cabin two. The first night we were so excited- we looked out the kitchen window and there was a big moose! What a treat! Sandy and Dan were great hosts and the cabin was nicely furnished. My only wish was that we could have had wifi-so that we could have contacted our children
We have spent 2 weeks in Alaska and have not turned on the TV but we do like to be able to get in touch with our kids
Anyway, most enjoyable stay and would stay here again

• Stayed June 2014
leetribe, Owner at Homestead Guest Cabins, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
We just want to let our guests know that internet is available at the lodge next door if you feel the need to "connect". Cell phone coverage can be sporadic in rural areas, but is pretty consistent in the Glacier View area along the highway.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in cabin 3 for two nights and loved it. After spending 7 days on a cruise ship, we needed a place just to wind down before returning home to Hawaii. The cabin was a perfect choice. It was peaceful and we were able to get the rest that we needed because we all caught colds from the cruise ship. Sandy was very professional and met us when we checked in. She told us that we would probably see a moose and her calf and we did see them. The second day we hiked on the Matanuska Glacier and it was a great experience! The cabin had all of the amenities that we needed and more. I would highly recommend staying at here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family stayed in cabin 2 for two nights and loved it!!!! The craftsmanship of the cabins was beautiful and there is lots of cute details. The location is great for exploring the beautiful Glenn Highway and Matanuska Glacier and on our last morning I awoke to find a huge moose right outside our window. We stayed the very beginning of May so there was still little patches of snow on the ground and the trails around the cabins were quite slick and mucky in spots but that didn't stop us from exploring them and we LOVED every minute of it!!!! The owner was very helpful throughout the whole reservation/check- in process and letting us know where we could get cell reception and computer access and as a mom of a toddler one of my favorite lil details was the couple bins of toys that my son found as soon as we walked in, after traveling for almost 2 weeks it was a very welcomed sight for my son and me!!! I highly recommend homestead guest cabin it was a great way to end our trip :)

Room Tip: Make sure you stop for groceries or anything else u might need on your way there....the closest stor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I can't say enough good things about this place. Sandy was very professional, courteous and down to earth throughout the whole reservation process to check out. My stay was short, but the check in and check out process was painless. I stayed in Cabin number one and the kitchen had everything i needed for a nice dinner and a hearty breakfast. The Matanuska Glacier is less than a 10 min drive to the entrance. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the cabin and the comfy bed that we overslept on ;-). The appliances are modern and water was warm all night long. I highly recommend anyone who wants to get away from it all and live in nature stay at this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Cabin 3 was perfect for our family of four visiting the glacier. Had a washer and dryer which was great for mid way through our trip to Alaska. Sandy was very nice and helpful with pointing out local sites. Great local hiking and glacier trek was one of our favorite excursions. If we make it back this way, we'll definitely be staying at Homestead Cabins.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Homestead Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!