“THIS IS FABULOUS!!!!!”
Review of Mica Guides

Mica Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaska glacier tours and ice climbing since 1999. Join us for a unique adventure just two hours from Anchorage. Discover glacier trekking or ice climbing on the blue ice of the Matanuska Glacier. Adventures for most ages and abilities.Get off the boat or out of the bus and actually walk on a glacier with our professional guides. Over 17,000 guests have enjoyed our glacier trekking and ice climbing. Now includes the fastest zipline in Alaska.
Hong Kong, China
“THIS IS FABULOUS!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I went to Matanuska Glacier with my Brazilian friend. We did ice climbing on the glacier. We even climbed all the way to the top of the glacier. This was one of my best experience in Alaska. The guides were very professional, very friendly. We did some practice on a small slope for three times. And then we climbed all the way to the top. The scenery was unbelievable! I would recommend to all my friends who are interested in Alaska.

Visited June 2011

usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“MICA Guides- Bad Experience”
Reviewed 29 August 2008

August22 2008

Had a fabulous vacation in Alaska. The only sour note was a glacier trek with MICA Guides. I believe the ice trek has great potential but our experience was not good.
The day of our trek had light rain and it was only my wife and I on the trek. The guide started by telling us the ice was too hard and dangerous for there normal trek route and he would find another trail, so for the next hour we walked on ugly black rock looking at the glacier. Finally I asked when do we get to walk on ice and see something beautiful. So for about a half hour we did walk on the glacier and I can see how this could be a great experience.
By the way- The ice was very soft as this was the middle of August- so much for dangerous. The guide was apparently too lazy to take just 2 people on the normal trek on a rainy day.
To tell us it was dangerous was treating us like fools.
Great potential- You might want another guide service
Frank from Pa