If you are traveling north along the Glenn Hwy this is THE place to stop for a meal or an overnight. Anjanette Steer and her husband Zack have owned the place for quite a few years and take pride in making this place one of the best little getaways in the state. In the winter the restaurant is not open for meals but they have cozy cabins for rent and have miles of groomed ski trails with beautiful scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheep Mountain Lodge. Located at the base of the Sheep Mountains at Mile 113 of the Glenn Hwy #1, Sheep Mountain Lodge has been serving Alaskans and travelers since 1946. On the road to Alaska's Interior region, the Lodge is noted for it's cleanliness, hospitality, good food and recreational opportunities. Dall sheep are frequently seen grazing on the mountainside just behind the Lodge. In the summer months, local trails provide ample opportunity for hiking, wildflower walks and wildlife viewing. In the winter months cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and dog mushers explore the areas many trails and recreational opportunities. We offer home-cooked meals made with the freshest ingredients possible, proudly supporting our Alaskan farmers and fishermen whenever possible. We hope to see you at Sheep Mountain Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sheep Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheep Mountain Hotel Glacier View
- Sheep Mountain Lodge Alaska/Glacier View