This lodge has several small cabins. It was fine, but not all that spectacular. The check-in process was by a clerk who was way too busy for us..... the cabin was clean; had a fridge and micro. As someone else mentioned it has a heater in an odd place, so the area near the door (which does not seal???) was warm, but the bathroom was freezing. Our shower gave warm water for 3 minutes....The hot tub was GREAT. We did not eat there, but the food smelled wonderful. There are some trails on the property which were fun. Overall I would have done our outing (MICA glacier hike) and kept driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheep Mountain Lodge. Located at the base of the Sheep Mountains at Mile 113 of the Glenn Hwy #1, Sheep Mountain Lodge has been serving Alaskans and travelers since 1946. On the road to Alaska's Interior region, the Lodge is noted for it's cleanliness, hospitality, good food and recreational opportunities. Dall sheep are frequently seen grazing on the mountainside just behind the Lodge. In the summer months, local trails provide ample opportunity for hiking, wildflower walks and wildlife viewing. In the winter months cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and dog mushers explore the areas many trails and recreational opportunities. We offer home-cooked meals made with the freshest ingredients possible, proudly supporting our Alaskan farmers and fishermen whenever possible. We hope to see you at Sheep Mountain Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheep Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheep Mountain Hotel Glacier View
- Sheep Mountain Lodge Alaska/Glacier View