I´m evaluating this hotel according to it´s price tag. Meaning that expectations were really high.
First of order of the day, mosquitos. We stayed for 4 days, in the night of the first day we had some heavy rain during the night, aproximately 36 hours after the rain, the property was infested with clouds of mosquitos (I really mean clouds, cartoon style, never saw so many). We were forced to wear a repellent just to do the basic stuff, like getting out of the room. The breakfast restaurant (Las Piedras) was infested with flies as well. The information we had at the check-in desk was that they were out of insecticide to use it in the property, so they could control the infestation. If you wan´t to pay US$ 800 a night to spend your vacations thinking of creative ways to avoid mosquito bites... that´s the place.
That said, the property itself like in facilities, service, food:
- Even with state of the art horse riding facilities - horses are not avaiable to hotel guests
- The kids club, boosting some dvds, books and toys is only adequate, and you would expect more - The one you see in Fazenda Boa Vista beats that one to the ground
- The pool, while it´s beatifull and the surroundings are really nice (when not infested by mosquitos), It´s not adequate for kids, The access is some inclined rocks that can be slippery when wet. Also during the first day my nephew had an accident with one of those rocks, no one from the staff prompted to help. The pool itself also has some sharp edges with rocks that can result in accidents.
- The room service provided for the one and only Caprese Salad without tomatoes I saw in my life. Also, even after asking two times for someone to come and take the dishes, no one showed up. The "alternative" version of the salad was tagged at US$ 40 - Some greens and a single piece of buffalo mozzarela.
- The minibar in the room did not work, and made some strange noises during the night (I would advise to stay away from suite 27).
- The closet had some serious issues with drawers and doors that did not open or close at all.
- While they may fail to get rid of the mosquitos, be sure someone with a Grasshopper will show up at 8 am right next to your door.
- The so called private beach is a hoax. It´s a sand box next to a dirty river.
- The Fasano restaurant (also infested with mosquitos last night), will boost some really simple food at stravagant prices that don´t match some basic quality standards (making a review for that as well).
That said, here is what you will find thats nice:
- Driving the golf cart around the property is fun (and when in high speed is possible to avoid mosquito bites)
- The quality of the breakfast is one the best I´ve seen, products are really nice and well presented
- The room itself (ignoring the above problems) is cozy, the bed is luxuryous and really confortable
- The views are great
- The property itself is very calm, and you will rarely cross with other guests, making for a very unique hotel experience (in this sense)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fasano group’s international expansion begins in Punta del Este, with the hotel Fasano Las Piedras in one of the most extraordinary locations in Uruguay. The Fasano family brings its century old tradition in fine cuisine and in the art of serving to its new development in Punta del Este, one of the most elegant coastal towns in South America. Located in La Barra, the hotel Fasano Las Piedras was projected on an area overlooking the Maldonado River, with breathtaking views and surrounded by exuberant nature where you can enjoy one of the most spectacular sunsets of the Uruguayan coast. Architecture and interiors designed by Isay Weinfeld, also responsible for the hotel Fasano São Paulo, the project rescues the elegance of this countryside property once owned by the traditional Braun family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Fasano Punta del Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fasano Punta Del Este Uruguay/La Barra