Execution is everything. The problem with this restaurant is not the really simple menu (some might say "confort food"), or the really "proud" hostess. I don´t see a problem charging high for basic stuff, Craft in New York dominates this practice, but it has to be perfect.
This restaurant is centered around a beatifull site, that two nights ago was infested with mosquitoes. I imagine that during proper conditions the view would do the trick for people that aren´t really into good food.
The menu itself boosts some really simple stuff, and within a big table I had the opportunity to try around 8 dishes.
Seafood mix in white wine - Seasoning was only ok, scallops were not fresh and boosted some unpleasant flavors
Octopus carpaccio - The only perfect dish of the night
- Duck ravioli - Completely overpowered by the orange, you could only feel a hint of the duck
- Meat ravioli - A little dry, the sauce was ok
- "Merluza Negra" - Sides were too sweet, and the fish itself a little overcooked, did not work
- Lamb entrecote - Almost perfect, the meat was extraordinary, sides were ok
- Lamb rack - The meat was prepared in an adequate manner, however the dish suffered from a conceptual mistake, it strived for some sauce (had almost none)
- Dulce de leche tasting - Just ok, nothing memorable most of this dishes with little portions lack punch, this is no exception
- Dulce de leche flan - Lacks personality, while the texture was spot on, the flan was flavorless
All in all, there are better ways to spend US$ 150 per person, even in Punta were the food is really lacking.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.