We ( family of 5) stayed here overnight on 28th May. When we arrivd we parked outside the accommodation area, which I believe is a converted barn, at the back to the pub. On enetring the pub, we were greetd by hapy smiling staff. We checked in and were shown to our room. The rom was clean and tidy, with all the usual tea and coffee making facilities with an added bonus of Twix bars for the children. Considering that the accommodation is situated right next to the car parking area, there was very little noise.
The owners were very accommodating in providing an early breakfast on the Sunday Morning (well early for us). The breaksfast was fantastic, the owners managed to accommodate the often awkward tastes of the children.
Overall a great place to stay. The new owners clearly care about the place and have clearly banished the experiences that guests have had under previous ownership.
From the moment f booking they were friendly and kept in touch, even offering th eopportunity tpo change to a self contained flat shold the refurbishments be completed by the time of our stay. Unfortunately they weren't completed, but the room we had booked was perfect for our needs. We look forward to staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Fox Inn, formerly the Fox and Hounds, is a country pub with dining and accommodation in the village of Watlington on the northern edge of the Chilterns in Oxfordshire. The pub is easily accessed from the M40 at Lewknor. Watlington is only 15 miles from the heart of the City of Oxford and 35 minutes from Blenheim Palace and the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, as well as the Thameside town of Henley on Thames, home of the Royal Regatta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Fat Fox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fat Fox Hotel Watlington
- The Fat Fox Inn Watlington, Oxfordshire