My wife and I recently took the kids on a three week trip to Rome and various places throughout the UK. After leaving Rome, our first stop in the UK was Oxford. Our Travel Agent recommended staying at The Fat Fox Inn. Her Reco was spot on!
The Fat Fox Inn is a brilliant little place nestled in the Oxfordshire countryside about 20 minutes outside of Oxford. We stayed here for two nights and it was lovely! The Room we stayed in was separate from the Inn. It might have been part of an older barn at some point in the past but has now been tastefully remodelled into cozy little cabins. Upon entering the room, we were greeted with a tasteful and warm decor that felt instantly relaxing and cozy. The room was impeccably clean and the separate bathroom had great mod cons and a very relaxing shower.
The Fat Fox Inn resides in the town of Watlington, about 20 minutes south of Oxford. The town itself lends its own beautiful scenery and sense solidarity in the English countryside. Combined with the ambience of The Fat Fox Inn, the town and Inn connect to create a truly memorable occasion.
We had a proper English Breakfast the first morning at the Inn. We were greeted by John who is the owner and proprietor of The Fat Fox Inn. The meal itself was truly delicious and the conversations we had with John added to our overall enjoyment. It turns out that John was originally born in Canada and it was lovely to meet someone from back home whilst away in another country.
After our two nights at The Fat Fox Inn were over we packed up and moved on to our next destination in the UK. Turns out that my son forgot two of his jackets in the room. We hadn't even realized this yet when John reached out to us via email to inform us. He arranged to have the jackets couriered to one of our upcoming locations that we'd be staying at so that we'd have the jackets for the rest of our vacation... and he didn't even charge us for the courier costs!
Overall, our experience at The Fat Fox Inn was truly exceptional! A warm and cozy little environment nestled in the English Countryside. We will definitely be returning to stay for future vacations abroad and would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to experience proper English Charm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Fox Inn, formerly the Fox and Hounds, is a country pub with dining and accommodation in the village of Watlington on the northern edge of the Chilterns in Oxfordshire. The pub is easily accessed from the M40 at Lewknor. Watlington is only 15 miles from the heart of the City of Oxford and 35 minutes from Blenheim Palace and the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, as well as the Thameside town of Henley on Thames, home of the Royal Regatta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Fat Fox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fat Fox Hotel Watlington
- The Fat Fox Inn Watlington, Oxfordshire