We stayed at The Peacock for 3 nights over the weekend just gone, as we needed some R&R. We could not have chosen a more chilled out and friendly place to stay than this wonderful country Inn. Martin and his staff offered just the right amount of friendly service and nothing was too much trouble for them all. We stayed in Room 12 and the bed was the most comfortable we have EVER slept in away from home. Fed up with board-like hard mattresses, we were delighted to find ours was really superbly soft yet supportive. With bad backs, we have had holidays ruined through lack of sleep on hard mattresses so 10/10 for the Peacock on that score.
The food at the Peacock is first rate, their steak is so tender, it is like cutting through butter! Every meal we had with them was just lovely. They keep excellent wines and ales too. We are definitely going to return when we next need more rest and recouperation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacock is a friendly Country Inn set at the foot of the beautiful Chilterns in the picturesque Hamlet of Henton, near Thame. It's the ideal location for Business and Leisure with easy access to Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire. Our 25 bedrooms are available as double or single and have recently been refurbished to provide comfortable modern facilities all with en-suite bathrooms, flat screen televisions and tea/coffee making facilities. We pride ourselves on being a comfortable and cosy country inn offering warm, friendly customer service in a relaxed environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Peacock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Hotel Henton
- Peacock Hotel Oxfordshire
- The Peacock Henton, Oxfordshire