“Great food, friendly and helpful service”
Review of The Wheatsheaf

The Wheatsheaf
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Visited The Wheatsheaf at Edith Weston for an evening meal. The menu is not as extensive as some, but a good selection of good pub fare and a few specials too. After sampling the local Everards Tiger Beer, which I enjoyed, I had a duck spring roll starter with chili sauce, very tasty, I had the Sea Bass fillets special with a tasty sauce and well cooked fresh vegetables and new potatoes, whilst my other half had the surf and turf, which she really enjoyed, "best rump steak I've had in a long time". Both of us enjoyed our meal and were looked after as the meal progressed, with just the right amount of attention from the bar/waiting staff - thank you.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped here after a day at Rutland water. Good variety of food and drinks. We all had sandwiches and chips, mine a little overpriced for a simple cheese sandwich but tasted nice and fresh.
We sat outside in the beer garden, overall nice place would come back.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We rang up late on Friday afternoon hoping for a table that evening, for 5 guests. We were welcomed by friendly staff and sat in a nice quiet spot. One of children finds it hard to cope with too much excitement so it was just right. The menu wasn't too fussy and they offered a great choice of home cooked food. There are daily specials for main courses and puddings. We chose steak pie, gammon and burgers and there were no complaints other than the food was a bit hot! (A good thing) puddings were lovely but none of us liked the garnish of a single physalis fruit. Our only little moan would be the chairs. Whilst tub chairs are great for when you are just enjoying a drink and a chat, the are just too low to be sat at the table. It felt like our faces were a bit too close to the plate. But honestly, it was a great experience and will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Went for lunch yesterday at The Wheatsheaf. The food was very well cooked and tasty. No nonsense pub food (tender steak, fish and chips, burgers, pies, chunky chips etc) which is ideal for our family of varying ages and tastes. Service was also very efficient and friendly. I would definitely recommend The Wheatsheaf.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

As a frequency visitor, this pub has never let me down. Rutland is spoilt with good pubs and this is one of them. My only wish is for them to change the tables or chairs out for something more comfortable.. my legs end up hitting the underside of the table. Other than that, it’s a fantastic pub which I would recommend to visitors and locals