“Beautiful Little Gallery”
Review of Artworx Gallery

Artworx Gallery
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Artworx is an independent fine art gallery set in an elegant Grade ll listed building in the historic market town of Newport in Shropshire. We specialise in limited edition and original pieces of beautiful art and also carry a range of stunning prints. We stock ceramic art from Edge Sculpture, a range of amazing busts and figures. We pride ourselves on being a local gallery with a community feel and aim to showcase local artists and photographers. You're assured of a very warm welcome and we'd be happy to help you find your special piece of artwork.
Hednesford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful Little Gallery”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This gallery may be small but it makes the most of what space it has by displaying a beautiful range of art. Ashley is always very helpful and her after-sales service is excellent. She called me the minute my print arrived and was almost as happy as me that it turned out to be an artist proof. There is never any pressure to buy but when you do. You can be sure your purchase will be handled with care.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ELA1288

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful collection of art”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I totally enjoyed my visit to the gallery. I loved all The Frogman sculptures and the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. I was very impressed. I browsed for a couple of hours and felt very at home and not pushed into making a decision. I have purchased a couple of the bronze frog sculptures and was totally pleased with my purchase. I have been added to their mailing list so I can see when they have special events like Tim Cottrill in the gallery. I will go back to Artworx gallery again. A lovely friendly atmosphere. I do not impress very easily however there is something for everyone here and every budget. I am definitely very impressed.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tonilouisegarside
Birmingham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“lovely place”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

pop in to browse all the time - friendly staff and good choice of art. I never feel pressured to purchase which is great.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank milly m
STAFFORD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beware”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Visited Gallery .sales girl was helpful,purchased painting at the cost of £620. We got it home after about 20 mins.Found it was to big for our wall,rang gallery explained our problem asked if we could exchange it, she said no.I offered to pay more money for a exchange.she said no.I did not want a refund just a exchange, I did in the end ask for a refund she said no! nice gallery shame about the customer care/sales after service.VERY POOR.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank BEWARE989
artworxgallery, Manager at Artworx Gallery, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Mr Bradford had measured the piece of art in question on two separate visits to the gallery and although a home approval option had been offered, he was happy to take the piece upon his third visit. A discount was also given on the sale price.

He then did indeed ring the following morning, where we offered to take the piece out of the frame which would allow the piece to fit in situ and solve his issue, but we would be unable to order a new piece in for him and as we had given him a discount were unable to offer a refund.

I am very sorry Mr Bradford that you feel we have let you down. Artworx Gallery is a newly opened art gallery and we are constantly striving to improve on all areas of the gallery experience.

Kind regards,