“Very disappointing”

Taste of Paradise
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Post code TF10 7AN
Newport, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My family and I decided to go for a meal at the taste of paradise First big mistake they put a table in front of the door where my sister and I kept getting knocked then the door kept being opened and. We were left cold so we kept getting up to close the door . We ordered about 15.minutes after being sat down then after at least 20 minutes the popadoms arrived we kept asking about our main meals but people who had come I and ordered to take away we're taking there's first after 2 hours we got our food by this time we were not hungry .but children were starving so we ate food was ok. we asked for the bill my sister paid for hers and used her gourmet card we went to pay the outstanding amount not realising we could only use once and the Manager started shouting and be very rude my sister asked for her card but he would not give it to her so she was getting upset so I asked him to take the payment and let us leave he said he was running a business we said if that was the case it would not take over 2 hours to have food and to stuck in front of a door he was rude and did not take into consideration anything we had to say and people were staring I think this is unexceptable I would not recommend eating there again I will also never have a take away from them again they have lost good customers

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Blondgl2000

newport
“Food OK, service poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The place looks clean ish, the food just ok, but the service here is only physical. Weve been a few times now and if you book on a Friday or Sat at 8pm youll be waiting for your meal up to an hour and a half if sat in the restaurant. Unfortunately Im now put off by this restaurant after the kitchen door outside was open and I could see inside. Food was everywhere and it didnt seem to look that organised. Dirty cloths were near the food too! Manager is out of his depth at times and dashing around at busy times. He will speak to his staff in his own language in front of guests, and hes shouting to his staff about bills, more concerned with his calculator than me standing there waiting to pay! We bought a discount card for £20 from a promotion company last year and he didnt seem too pleased when we used it. The staff are not rude on purpose, but they lack in conversation, charm and seem to be there to only physically serve. My guess is that the staff are paid poorly. Its a real shame as with good management and training, this could be much better. Im sorry to sound so negative as the decor of the place is amazing. I do recommend Masala in Newport - its got the entire x-factor if you enjoy service as well as really good food :-)

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank tracyswift
“Good food, no service...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The past two times we have been at taste of paradise we have had to wait an hour for our meals. Yes, we have been in a large group (ten people) but that does not mean it's cool to make people wait an hour for food. It's bring-your-own-drinks so they don't even have to worry about that. Good food, but jeez - when you give yourself an hour and a half for to eat a meal and you've only just got it by the time you needed to leave - really not on.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank neoviolence
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
“60 Birthday party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

On Saturday the 23rd November I arranged a surprise birthday lunch for 76 people for my husbands 60. I can't thank the staff enough. We had a selection of starters and 3 strengths of chicken curry for the main course. Everything was lovely hot well presented and plenty for everyone. This meal was more than I could have expected .well done the staff and a big thankyou for making this a special day.

• Visited November 2013
“Fantastic food at a fair price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have been eating indian food all over the world for over 30 years and have now been eating at the taste of paradise at least twice a month for 7 years.
The food is consistently good. Even when they are busy the food is never rushed out below standard. We have been so impressed we used them recently as the caterers for our son's wedding and we had numerous compliments on the excellent food

• Visited September 2013