Review Highlights
dog friendly Things to do in alford

lovely place to visit,grandson played on the scaletrix. owner even asked us what sort of music we... read more

Reviewed 3 August 2022
331jacquieh
Full Throttle

Fantastic layout and diverse interests. The race track was a joy, as were the Formula 1 artifacts... read more

Reviewed 28 June 2022
musicjukebox
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews model cars race track james bond chris collection owner dog childhood memorabilia grandson marques door formula
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2019

Having been recommended to visit by friends who were there on the Friday we pootled along on the Monday. The place is amazing both for young and old, spotting how many models on display you had in your toybox and wistifully thinking you hadnt modified yours with humbrol enamel!
We were asked by Chris what music choice we would like upon entering, Swiss folklore we replied ...within a minute our choice was coming through the speakers!
We had tea and cake in a very clean cafe, in fact all the displays are spick and span. A quick 5 minute thrash on the Mumby Arena finished off the visit nicely.

Date of experience: June 2019
Chris D, Owner at On Your Marques, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Many thanks for your great review Warty B ...!!
I remember your visit very well ...!!
Glad you had such an enjoyable visit, all the way from Switzerland too!
Pleased i was able to transport you back to your childhood toybox!
You'll be pleased that I have played some Swiss Folklore since your visit,
and glad I can find whatever music anyone can ask for too!
Thanks for your very kind comments about my cafe, I take great pride in it.
I also like how you refer to my Scalextric circuit as Mumby Arena!
I look forward to seeing you again sometime ... and thanks again!

Best wishes

Reviewed 29 May 2019

Visited with my two children today. Made to feel very welcome by Chris, reasonably priced entrance fee for the museum and plenty of cars to look at. Scalextrix track was great fun for all three of us.

Date of experience: May 2019

Thanks for you review Dave ...!!
Very pleased you enjoyed your visit ...!!
... and your comments about you experience here at 'On Your Marques'.
Glad you all enjoyed the museum and the Scalextric too!
Hope to see you again sometime!

Best wishes ...

Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Visited today, very dog friendly. Great little place to visit if you like cars. Owner Chris vey enthusiast and has time to chat about the collection. Refreshments very reasonably priced. 50 metre scalextric track £1 for 5 minutes... great fun

Date of experience: May 2019

Thanks for leaving sch a nice review Joyce ...!
I take pride in being a dog friendly attraction!
Pleased you enjoyed your visit, and I'm always happy to chat!
Happy you enjoyed the cafe and the Scalextric too!
Hope to see you again sometime ...

Best wishes

Reviewed 20 May 2019 via mobile

Went with with the family. Sorry to say it is not real value for money and barely takes 30 minutes to complete. Would be better if at least you had some scalextric time included in the entrance fee.

Date of experience: July 2018
3  Thank Bazza2241

Sorry you feel you were disappointed with your visit felt it not value for money...!
However, it took you half an hour to realise that it wasn't what you expected.
Had you approached me after 10 minutes I would have happily reimbursed your entrance fee.
We charge separately for the Scalextric as many visitors really enjoy it and stay much longer'
Many make use of our cafe too!
As for the entrance fee, if you can find a well established privately owned visitor attraction
with a cheaper entrance fee I would like to know.
Thanks for taking time to leave a review.

Owner and Curator of the 'On Your Marques' Model Car Collection

Reviewed 15 April 2019 via mobile

Fine for somewhere to go with the family. Have to pay extra to use the scalextric though, £1 for each 5 minutes per person which adds up. Shame as that’s what my son wanted to visit for.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank VE467

Sorry you appear to be disappointed with your visit VE67 ...!!
You appear to have enjoyed the museum, but you think the Scalextric is expensive!
We charge for the Scalextric to put towards the running and upkeep costs of the the museum
and to keep the entrance fee at a reasonable price.
Hope you will return again sometime!

Best wishes ...