My husband and I just spent 4 days at Postales and had a very good time there. Not much beats having your coffee or glass of wine by the swimming pool and vineyard while you gaze at snow capped 20.000 ft mountains. The staff was marvelously attentive and tried to read our wishes from our eyes. In the restaurant, 'Fuego', Carina and Fernando please you by accommodating your special wishes with lovely meals at very reasonable prices. Our room was quite large, but it would have helped if the third bed had been taken out and replaced with a table and two chairs, and we missed night stands. The bathroom, too, could have used a vanity, or the like. You have to remind yourself that you are in a very rural area which only now, with the boom of Malbec wines, has opened up to tourists other than hikers, and must not expect state-of-the art fixtures and furnishings. The dining room and the common area have a charming rustic decor. It is advisable that you rent a car at Mendoza airport, but be warned: When we left for the airport on our way back, two policemen just north of Tunuyan on Rte 40 tried to shake us down for $ 300 ('grave infringement') for just running the parking lights instead of the low beams while driving. The area, especially Rte 89, has a number of large vineyards that offer ritzier accommodation, wine tasting, vineyard tours, and wine appreciation classes. As a town, Tunuyan is not very appealing (a more pleasant nearby small town is Tupungete), but Postales is located about 10 miles outside of it.
In all, I would agree that the room rates are a bit on the high side when compared with similar establishments, but we still thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our premises in Valle de Uco has an exclusive 38 acres wine area to enjoy, relax and explore. You are invited to walk through our Malbec vineyard, patios and green garden, surrounded by ancient trees that involve the swimming pool with BBQ area and our nine spacious rooms, with a remarkable view to the Cordon del Plata (Andes Mountains). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Postales Boutique Wine Hotels - Valle de Uco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Postales Boutique Wine Hotels - Valle De Uco Hotel Tunuyan
- Postales Boutique Wine Hotels - Valle De Uco Province Of Mendoza/Tunuyan, Argentina