“Nice tour and good beer”

Kuchlbauer-Hundertwasser-Turm
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Abensberg
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The tour through the beer brewery is quite nice, but could be a bit difficult to follow for foreigners as the (at least our) guide speaks with a heavy bavarian accent. I speak German and could follow about 75%. It gives you an idea how the owner and architect shared their love for dwarves and came to creating this tower. Therefore it could be fun for children as well. Also the people interested in the secrets of and meaning behind Leonardo da Vinci's "last supper" will hear the ideas about this painting as the owner thinks they should be interpreted.
After the 1 hour tour you'll have chance to climb the tower, drink a free beer with brezel, buy more beer (to take home) and after this you can check out the funny looking souvenir shop where they sell all kinds of art from Hundertwasser.

1  Thank Tom C
"town"
"world"
"dwarfs"

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We would have liked to check out the nice Hunderwasser Tower, of the Brewery, but because of traffic jams ( constant on German Motorways in the summer) we arrived too late, but still in time for a beer in the adjacent ‘Beergarten’. It was a nice place but when we walked in to get a beer, they told us it was not possible, as they had no power... Coming from Africa, this is a well-known thing to us, however hearing that in Germany... Any way I asked if there was no beer in bottles, if the draft beer worked on power, but they answered, the Casher did not work due to no electricity.... quite customer friendly, when we say we come from far, missed the brewery tour, but would like to at least taste the beer...
So far for Bavarian reputed hospitality… in the middle of the season…

2  Thank Elsetravelling
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went with some friends and our kids. We really enjoyed ourselves. The kids loved the dwarfs and walking up the tower. I enjoyed learning about the beer and then tasting it afterwards. :) Sehr gut!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The tower is the result of a dream of the owner family of Kuchlbauer's brewery, the open mind of arch. Pelikan who designed the tower based on the concept of Hundertwasser and of course the constructors which did an amazing artwork. .By the end of this week a hotel built in the same style will open its gates for the thirsty visitors and bot only. You must taste the beer and visit the factory museum as well. It was a nice experience.

1  Thank Călin L
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Last summer I returned to Germany to drive over much of Germany from Munich to the North Sea, visiting many new towns with interesting experiences. I have seen several of Hundertwasser's architectural wonders, but I was here for a beer experience. My friend Renate and I traveled in her Fiat Wohnmobil (small diesel RV with which we have enjoyed many memorable travels), and as we returned from a long drive, she wanted to share Kuchelbauer's story with me.
Besides being a knowledgeable guide to most of the breweries in Germany, the owner Leonhard Sallack, personally guided us on a tour of his brew plant and then on a side trip to his special love, a learned display and study of Leonardo daVinci's focus on the painting "The Last Supper". I have a copy of his book "Das Schuessel" = "The Key", which explains the detailed meanings hidden in the painting by DaVinci. This afternoon-long visit was very rewarding and I will try to meet with US author Ken Burns to share what I learned from author Sallack.

2  Thank bradwhipple