“A fabulous French family friendly luxe B&B”
Review of Manoir du Moulin

Manoir du Moulin
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We spent a week at the Manoir du Moulin this summer, with our two girls who were aged 2.5 yrs and 5 months at the time, and it was fabulous. The Manoir itself is stunning and has been fabulously renovated and decorated by the warm and welcoming owners/hosts Warren and Shari - who manage to both befriend you and attend to your every need, without being intrusive. The setting is stunning, gardens are a beautiful lazy place to relax and swing in a hammock, and there's plenty of space for kids to run around. The rooms are lovely and beds are enormous and super comfortable and it was a real home from home (apart from this home being a lot more glam than our own!). The location was also a great base from which to explore lots of places across the region and Warren and Shari were great at recommending and advising on where to visit. Highly recommend, especially if you are looking for a fabulous stay that is family friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RichmondMummy

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently had the good fortune to teach a yoga retreat at the exquisite Manoir du Moulin. The owners, Warren and Shari were warm and welcoming hosts. The bedrooms were spacious and luxurious and the Yoga Space was absolutely perfect. Beautiful wooden floors, lovely natural light and lots of room for all the class.
Everything about the hotel and its gardens was utterly charming. The food was also first class with great attention to detail and catering to everyone's preferences.
I highly recommend the Manoir du Moulin as a superb Yoga destination or in fact as a beautiful place to visit for a fabulous, luxurious treat.

Room Tip: The Sienna Suite was beautiful and airy with a lovely view onto the garden.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Brilliant mini yoga break away.

Shari and Warren are seamless operators with high service standards.

Luxury rooms with a luxury bath and oils!

Yoga retreats that put your feet back on the ground.

And kid friendly so that everyone gets a break.

Don't think - just book.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 22 November 2013

i came here for a yoga retreat and the whole experience was amazing. this place is beautiful, and the owners are so welcoming and accommodating. the area is lovely. theres a charming meadow nearby where i had a lovely, peaceful stroll. the breakfast was wonderful, there's just nothing not to love about this place. i recommend it highly!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just arrived home after a ladies yoga retreat weekend in the truly stunning Manoir Du Moulin where design and attention to detail are first class. My friend and I stayed in the Maple family suite which is just beautiful. The food was delicious and the chief experience is one I could not recommend enough, what a treat. The owners Shari and Warren were very welcoming and could not have done more to make our stay the delight that it was.

As for the yoga, having never done any yoga before, I was worried I'd be terrible at it and wouldn't be able to keep up with everyone else. But I needn't have worried at all. Shari and all the ladies on the retreat made me feel very comfortable, the teacher balanced the class perfectly and was able to give myself and everyone else the one-to-one attention they needed.

All in all, I had a fantastic relaxing weekend in luxurious surroundings with very friendly hosts. I can't wait to return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I've just returned feeling rested and energised from my second stay at Manoir du Moulin. This trip was all about spending quality R&R time with friends taking part in the yoga retreat but I've also previously stayed here with my family (sep 2013) and would thoroughly recommend it to all.

The property has been lovingly renovated to an extremely high standard of a luxury boutique hotel and competes easily with those I have stayed at in major cities around the world. What sets Manoir du Moulin apart from the pack however is the proprietors Shari and Warren who make you feel like personal guests in their home. They go above and beyond expectations to ensure your stay is memorable.

When I visited with my family, my son was 10 moths old and I've never seen such a welcoming travel cot arrangement complete with baby's own embroidered towel! Shari and Warren made life easy by making our little one fresh purées in the morning for breakfast, providing monitors so we could catch some rays whilst our baby napped and welcomed us to join them for a relaxed BBQ dinner in their vast garden. They even provided a jumperoo in our room to keep our son entertained! There are loads of activities to keep kids and adults entertained nearby.

Likewise, during the yoga retreat, my friends and I wanted for nothing. There were 2 yoga classes a day interspersed with mind workshops, spa treatments and an abundance of delicious and nourishing food. The healthy yet hearty brunches were a welcome treat after the morning yoga class and the evening meals were first class, especially the chef experience meals. We were spoiled.

If you're looking for luxury with a down to earth feel, look no further.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Warren and Shari were so welcoming and delightful. they were eager to please, but hands off at the same time - a great combination. the gracious setting lends itself to relaxing, and the breakfast was excellent. great rooms and baths. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Been to Manoir du Moulin? Share your experiences!