The small, but luxurious property is simply stunning, as are the views of the lake, jungle, and Masaya Volcano that stretch out before you. The weather was also perfect when we visited (March) as it is hot enough during the day, but pleasantly cool at night. No humidity and no bugs at all. Its location also provides a useful base for exploring many, many other locations in the surrounding area, whether on your own or on tours organized by the resort.
The food, which is included in the price, was all very good. On our last night we had filet mignon, for example. While not included, wine, beer, and cocktails are all very reasonably priced.
In addition to the property itself, the staff were wonderful. The owners, Juan Carlos and Linda, happened to be there while we were there and were extremely friendly. We dined al fresco at one table with them and the other two guests and they regaled us with tales and advice for our trip. It was like being invited to a friend's private home for a special get together.
There was one minor issue while we were there and the staff immediately dealt with it and are all extremely friendly and attentive.
I would caution that the last 1.5km of the road is quite harrowing. If you are just traveling to this resort, I would highly recommend taking advantage of the transfers from MGA. It will save you a lot of stress. If you are driving here (or anywhere else really), I'd very much recommend getting an SUV. Our Toyota Corolla made it to the Hacienda and all around the country OK, but an SUV would have been better.
In short, I could not more highly recommend a visit to this property, It was really amazing and relaxing -- and a very good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a green mountainside paradise in beautiful, sun-kissed Nicaragua. "Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa" borders a protected national rainforest, teeming with colorful flora and fauna. Imagine yourself relaxing in a tropical pool overlooking a peaceful lagoon or meditating in a breezy hammock on your own private veranda. Explore the natural environment of our exclusive -adults only- boutique hotel and enjoy Ecotourism in luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Hotel Masatepe
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa Nicaragua/Masatepe