Words can't express how incredible this place is, but I'll try.. From start to end, we were pampered at the Hacienda Puerta del Cielo, a.k.a. PARADISE!
Leonel (an Hacienda staff member) greeted us at the airport with a personalized sign and a warm smile. During our drive to the Hacienda, we learned a bit about the government, agriculture, and daily life in Nicaragua. Leonel is a wealth of knowledge and has great spirit.
When we stepped out of the van, our jaws dropped. Yes, the pictures are amazing. But seeing those views in person is even better. The Hacienda is beyond beautiful. The casitas, pool, lounge, bar, hammocks, and dining area are all lovely and comfortable.
The food is fantastic! Rather than walking through a buffet line and looking at food prepared for hundreds of people like most all-inclusive resorts, the Hacienda serves each meal to their guests. The tables are nicely set and the courses are brought out fresh. It's obvious they take pride in their meals, because every single one was delicious and beautifully prepared! We were invited into the kitchen one afternoon and helped make enchiladas for lunch :)
The drinks are delish and always available. From the stocked fridge in your casita, to the attentive bartenders, you will never go thirsty. Try a Laguna Sucia - a tropical juice with spiced rum! JC, is it officially on the menu?
I had the most amazing full-body massage at the Hacienda. Everything was set up on the deck of my casita. I thoroughly enjoyed the sounds of nature mixed with the light music while Katherine worked out all my kinks and left me feeling extremely relaxed.
The excursions were a lot of fun. The Masaya Volcano tour was very interesting. We learned about the land and history of the cities surrounding Masatepe. After visiting the volcano, we had a great time shopping in the city center.
When I heard the Hacienda sponsors a local preschool, as a teacher, I was eager to find out if we could visit the school. They were more than happy to let us visit and play with the kiddies for a bit. The children were adorable and so appreciative of their new classroom materials.
The Mombacho Cloud Forest and Zip Lining was insanely fun! Before lift off, they offer delicious, complimentary coffee and tell you about the plantation. Then you're given a glide demonstration by the guide (this was helpful, as I was a first timer). The guides are very experienced and keep you safe as you swing from tree to tree. The cloud forest is incredibly beautiful- I could've played Tarzan all day.
The Hacienda Puerta del Cielo blew us away on every level. The owners, JC and Linda, went above and beyond to help us prepare for the trip and accommodate our wants and needs during our stay. Adrian, Erick, Oscar, Richard, Katherine, Karla, Helen, Sayonara, thank you! We are truly grateful to have met such wonderful people and hope to return to this paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a green mountainside paradise in beautiful, sun-kissed Nicaragua. "Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa" borders a protected national rainforest, teeming with colorful flora and fauna. Imagine yourself relaxing in a tropical pool overlooking a peaceful lagoon or meditating in a breezy hammock on your own private veranda. Explore the natural environment of our exclusive -adults only- boutique hotel and enjoy Ecotourism in luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Hotel Masatepe
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa Nicaragua/Masatepe