I took my husband on a surprise holiday for his birthday to Nicaragua.. and after much research I decided on this little Eco Lodge.. it was a perfect choice. The Lodge is beautifully situated over looking the Masaya lake and volcano... we even experienced an earthquake to add to the excitement.. nothing to worry about! What makes a vacation memorable is the experience.. and this one sure outdid itself.. The owner, JC and his manager Lionel are very hands on.. and go out of their way to make sure that your stay is everything you would expect. The staff is so helpful and quick to please.. Food is excellent and the flavors are wonderful.
Our casita was clean, comfortable and best of all had a sit out so if we needed some private relaxing time we could hang out there on the easy chairs and the hammock. The beds are comfortable and that was good.
Nicaragua is a beautiful unspoilt country . We appreciated the guidance and the help we got from Lionel as to where to go and where to eat good authentic Nicaraguan food.
Our suggestion to JC which we hope he is going to do... is please make sure that the directions are very clear on how to get to the Lodge.. The turn off at the Bus Station has now become one way.. so one can't turn there.. and to find the bus terminal itself is a challenge... The next big problem is that there is no sign for the hotel at the "rock passage" as I like to call it.. the natural reaction of the driver is to turn right as the cobbled road goes up .. no one would think that the path going through the rocks leads anywhere.. this is where we got lost and stayed lost for nearly an hour as we kept getting contradictory directions.. we didnt have a local phone so we couldn't call the hotel.. finally we just drove back to the main turn off from the road and called on our US phone and someone from the hotel came to guide us the last 1.5km !!
Other than the confusing directions... This is the place to stay at if you are visiting Nicaragua and want to have a restful, comfortable and enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a green mountainside paradise in beautiful, sun-kissed Nicaragua. "Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa" borders a protected national rainforest, teeming with colorful flora and fauna. Imagine yourself relaxing in a tropical pool overlooking a peaceful lagoon or meditating in a breezy hammock on your own private veranda. Explore the natural environment of our exclusive -adults only- boutique hotel and enjoy Ecotourism in luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Hotel Masatepe
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa Nicaragua/Masatepe