People say that the best way to visit another country is by staying with the locals. Staying at the Hacienda feels no more and no less like staying with old friends. I will say that the food was delicious and healthy, the casitas clean and comfortable, and the pool refreshing, but the hospitality truly makes this a unique resort. Our host JC, his wife Linda, and the staff (Lionel, Ricardo, and others) treated us like family.
For example, they always made us feel safe on our excursions. Including me, our party had a total of three single women travelers, and this was my first time in Latin America. On every excursion, they accompanied us without being intrusive. Ricardo even helped me make change in Cordobas (local currency).
In addition, the staff knew the best local tours and bars. They arranged day trips to Grenada, a boat tour on Lake Nicaragua, a hike to Mombacho Cloud Forest, and also a visit to an active volcano. JC personally took us to a local bar and introduced us to the Nicaraguan beer.
JC himself picked us up at Managua airport, where he briefed us on Nicaraguan history and politics.
Visiting HDPC is unlike staying at an impersonal hotel where the traveler must arrange everything on her own, without knowing anything about her host country. All I had to worry about during my stay was literally what to eat and drink.
These people will stop at nothing to ensure your comfort. JC booked a massage appointment. While I was late for my appointment, JC told me to not to rush through lunch. On my last day, I lost my cell phone, and was told the staff searched through every vehicle.
Through JC and staff, I felt I got to know the heart and soul of Nicaragua. Please come and allow HDPC to show you the wonder and beauty of this country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a green mountainside paradise in beautiful, sun-kissed Nicaragua. "Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa" borders a protected national rainforest, teeming with colorful flora and fauna. Imagine yourself relaxing in a tropical pool overlooking a peaceful lagoon or meditating in a breezy hammock on your own private veranda. Explore the natural environment of our exclusive -adults only- boutique hotel and enjoy Ecotourism in luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Hotel Masatepe
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa Nicaragua/Masatepe