“A perfect afternoon”

Kurrimine Beach Horse Rides
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Although our initial impression wasn't great, as our rides were 20 minutes late, (but hey, it is Far North QLD), as soon as our horses trotted into view everything was perfect. These are no Thoroughbreds, but brumbies and their offspring, hardy little beasts typical of QLD. They were in beautiful condition, with excellent saddles and tack generally, placid and trained to Chrissy's voice. Chrissy, who leads the ride along the stunning Kurrimine Beach, clearly adores her horses and their brumby heritage. My aunt, a highly experienced rider, found hers a little unresponsive, as the horses aren't trained to a light touch, but that was perfect for a pretty ordinary rider like myself. Most importantly, my six year old daughter had a brilliant time on a gorgeous little grey called Willy. Chrissy led her on a rope for a while until she had determined my daughter's ability, then let her walk and then trot herself, all the while riding almost knee to knee to keep a close eye on her. It was an excellent combination of care, and allowing my girl to practice and extend her recently learnt skills. At no time was I concerned for her safety, or chafing at over-protectiveness. I was the only one that needed a hand as my mount Bossy has a particular liking for a wade, and indulged himself despite my best efforts.
Highly recommended for beginners and good riders. If you are experienced and want a good gallop, perhaps tell Chrissy when booking as it may affect her choice of mounts. We would definitely return.

2  Thank Andrew P

Reviewed 18 September 2013

As an extremely experienced horse rider whom has ridden in many countries around the world, both for pleasure and work, I found myself In the quaint northern Queensland town of kurrimine beach where the beautiful location stirred my inner passion (as well as the need to work off those extra holiday wines! :)) and I found out about a local lady who takes out beach and local area rides.. although I am not the type to normally pay to hire a horse the pristine location convinced me to give it a try.. On first contact Chrissy the owner came across as an operator who considered her horses not as workers but actually as part of her family.. Although the horses are not presented "flashy", I have rarely seen horses so happy in their environment and have nearly as much love for their owner as what she does for them!! We had an amazing ride along the pristine local shores and as there was only 3 of us on the ride, all experienced, we did some wonderful canters along the sand and took the horses swimming in the the turquoise waters of the ocean.. This was a fabulous experience but I think the best part was learning what this lovely lady does for these amazing brumby horses not for money, but for love.. I will definitely return and hope that she continues to gain customer support as this is one person who will definitely be handing her profits forward to her loving employees/horses/loves of her life!!!

2  Thank RebeccaM170
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our daughter celebrated her 9th birthday riding a pony named Willie. We, mum, dad and older brother, rode with her. It was a beautiful day and I would recommend it to others with the dream to ride a horse along the beach. Awesome fun!!

2  Thank Natalie S