“A delicious meal with friends.”

The Bull Inn at Bisham
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bull Inn at Bisham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bisham
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were greeted on arrival by very friendly staff and ushered into the bar. The barman could not do enough for us, offered to mix me a "Cosmopolitan" cocktail, but I ordered a Pimms instead.. The dining room was very neatly set, with fresh flowers on each table, and when I remarked that I would like a cushion, the waiter brought one immediately.Some of us ordered Rib eye steak and others calf's liver. Both main courses were the best we had eaten in along while. Then we were delighted to see a sweet trolley! I had not seen one since the days we used to go into London for special meals in posh restaurants. We were offered a huge selection of desserts, including fresh raspberries and a lemon merengue pie. But again, all the portions were far too big. We had eaten well and a bit too much. And then we had to wait for ages for our bill, and the card machine did not seem to be working properly. however, we will be back there for sure.

There are newer reviews for The Bull Inn at Bisham

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We called in to this restaurant with our 5 year old grandson early one evening during the Easter holidays and were told they weren't open yet, but would we like a seat. Great start ! We were the only ones in the restaurant which I might add looked VERY POSH. We expected the prices to match the decor, how wrong we were. The prices were very reasonable, food well presented and the staff couln't do enough for us. They made such a fuss of our grandson which made him feel very grown-up. We were very impressed with the attention we received, I ordered spag bol between my grandson and myself and they didn't bat an eyelid but served us with extra plates and cutlery. I would definitely go there again and would highly recommend it to anyone in the area. Great place !

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our party of four just finished a wonderful meal, but I was disappointed how the bill payment process was handled. I have been using a credit card in the UK for a week and the bill has always been settled in British Pounds. When presented with our bill at The Bull, I was surprised that the local currency was converted to US$$ at a rate higher than what I understood my credit card company to use. I questioned it, but the waiter simply shrugged his shoulders and said nothing. Having not anticipated this credit card process, I did not have sufficient currency to pay cash. After signing the restaurant copy of the receipt, I was given the customer copy that said I agreed to the 4% surcharge and that "I have chosen not to use" the more favorable rate. I was not told I had a choice. The unfortunate thing for the restaurant is that I have written about their credit card payment process, rather then the food and service. This is the first establishment that I have had this experience with in the UK. I believe this restaurant took advantage of my naiveté.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Bull offers a formal restaurant and (with the same menu) a quicker service but still classy table service in the bar area. The latter is excellent value, with efficient and cheerful service. The set luncheon menu is cheap and excellent value; if you have time to linger a little longer, the full menu is long and varied, with ample portions; beware of the latter because if you have a starter and a main course, you may be hard pushed to do justice to the succulent dessert trolley! This unpretentious pub/restaurant is well worth seeking out in an area with many gastronomic riches on offer but stands up well in competition with any of them.
Cato

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The first time we visited The Bull at Bisham was 25 years ago (1989) when we hired it to host our wedding reception, the second time was in 2004 (we don't live locally!) when we had a special meal with some friends and the third time was yesterday when we celebrated our silver wedding anniversary with some of our closest friends. Everything was superb, from the warmth of the welcome to the menu and wonderful wine list. This isn't the cheapest place to eat but the quality of the ingredients, preparation of the food and the presentation at the table justifies the cost. We will be back.