I just came back from the Reef Resort (May 10-17) with 4 friends ( the girls from Pittsburgh Pa). The Reef was a great place to stay, I have been on Trip advisor for several months before my trip reading all the reviews about the reef, some of the reviews I had read there were some complaints, and I have no idea what they were thinking or where some of these people stayed, but I can tell you it was not at the reef! If you are looking for a quiet place nothing to do or if you do not want to go shopping every day on your vacation, then the Reef is the place to go. We stayed in a two bedroom studio, that was beautiful, very clean and we were on the first floor. the view was breath taking every day. Lawrence Haughton (resort manager) came over every day and asked how we were doing, what a great guy! every employee that we incountered was so nice, always asking if everything was ok or if we needed anything. A couple of tips for people coming to the Reef, if you do not do the all inclusive (we did not, we cooked everyday) stop at the bigger fosters grocery store on your way from the airport, so you do not have to spend money on a taxi. There is a small Fosters store across the street form the Reef, but if you are going to really cook for the week you need the bigger store to shop at. You also need water shoes for going into the water, it is very rocky going in and some of the reef and coral in the water can be very sharp if you walk in the ocean. I took my laptop to use , but the Reef provides 3 computers with internet service for free in the computer room, and I never had to wait to get on one of them. The beach is beautiful there are plenty of chairs for all the guest. and the free breakfast that so many people complain about, well it's just your free basic continental breakfast (NOT A BUFFET) I have no idea what some people think when they write these reviews. But again, if you are looking for a fast pace, lots of things to do, shopping, site seeing, and people every where and night life, then go to seven mile beach and stay, and do not stay on the east end of the Cayman Island. If you want peace and queit and relaxation, a beautiful view, freindly people, and a nice place to stay, then book your vacation at the Reef Resort!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End