My family and I stayed at The Reef for 7 days and when we arrived our room was on the second floor. We asked to be moved to the bottom floor so that we could have access to the beach from our room and we were moved the very next day. If you stay at the reef I highly recommend to request a room on the bottom floor for the view and ease of access to the beach.
The hotel is on the East End of the island, on the opposite side of busy George Town but still has a beach with great marine life so be sure to bring your own snorkeling gear and a water camera to capture great photos and memories. The hotel will rent out snorkeling gear, but if you need to rent a water camera I recommend Cathy Church's Camera shop on S. Church Street inside the Sunset Hotel. (Pick up a free copy of Activity Guide at car rental places or inside stores for tons of coupons including 10% off water cameras)
The Barefoot Bistro inside the hotel is decent but overpriced. Expect dinner prices for lunch. I had coconut shrimp appetizer and a fish wrap, and I would recommend them both.
There hotel has 6 different turtle nests on the beach and on our last day we were able to see baby turtles hatch and we even got to pick one up and place it near the water and watch it swim away.
At night the hotel has live music where guests can eat and outdoors or have a drink at the outdoor bar. The guests are mature and keep to themselves so its a safe atmosphere for children and parents to enjoy.
If you enjoy relaxing in uncrowded quiet beaches with lots of space to explore then you will truly appreciate The Reef Resort for its beautiful beach front properties, and quiet and spacious beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End