We have just returned from our 5 night stay at the Reef with two teenagers, 16 and 13 years, and stayed there with another family also with their 2 children.
Reading the reviews, we knew it won't be near the 7 mile beach but went there because our friends had a time share there. it was better than expected. the picture of the outside does not do them justice. the untis are completely updated, with full kitchens, 2 tv's, all rooms facing the ocean. you MUST have water shoes to be comfortable and must snorkel in the resort area. Great location for diving and learning to dive as our friends did. the staff is very warm, and helpful. take the time share tour- it's only 1 hour, NOT pushy at all and it saves you $130 towards the Stingray city snorkeling trip- which is worth it.
The turtle farm- you can pass unless you have younger kids. it's ok but not necessary.
the food at the resort is ok- but expensive. the food on the island is expensive as well.
overall- we don't like to go back to the same resort twice when we travel- but if you are a diver- you absolutely would.
extremely relaxing, clean and very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End