My boyfriend and I spent an amazing week at The Reef in February. We stayed in an owners room, Michele Taffet, and had such a personalized experience. The East End of the island was quiet, relaxed and the "true cayman". The beach at the hotel was never crowded and the lounge chairs directly in front of our beach level room were always available to us every day. The food at the bar was excellent and the drinks were strong! The pool was never crowded and we felt like we had our own resort at times. I must say how amazing the staff were. Much to our embarrassment we crashed our rental car driving to the hotel for the first time and it was a total nightmare being in a foreign country and getting into an accident. The security guard let me make an international call to my mother and then drove us to our room. The next morning I called to the front desk to explain the situation, they told me to come right down to the office and they would make all the phone calls I needed from there. As soon as I made my way down I was welcomed by Susan who was the warmest and kindest woman I have met in a long time; she immediately calmed me down and took control of the situation. In addition to getting all the information I needed and making calls for me she set me up with Jake who took me in his personal car to the airport which was a half hour away to report the accident and to get a new car from the rental company. He then drove me to the police station and went inside with me to fill out the police report. I wish I could explain in words how much this meant to me because I was so terrified being in a foreign country and having to deal with the police. Jake and Susan stayed in touch with me for my entire stay and made sure we had everything we needed. They truly saved our vacation!! If you want a personalized vacation where everyone knows your name, and not because you are spending upwards of $500 a night at a huge report, then come here. 7 mile a beach is a drive away, a beautiful one at that, and you will want to come right back to the East End as soon as you get there. Rum point and Cayman Kai are right around the corner and the perfect amount of lively fun and relaxation without the cruise ship crowd of 7 mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End